Sunday, September 13, 2020

Another Day, Another Day

     Nearly forgot to write this today. It's easy to fall out of a habit, and much more difficult to reestablish one. Part of the reason I nearly forgot, is that I really don't know what to talk about. I guess I'll start with the accountability photos. You can see just what a disaster I have become by getting a little out of control with my eating. Once again, still eating healthy, I was just eating whenever I felt like it with no plan.

     You can see that I am quite a bit softer than I used to be. This has sidetracked me in a ton of photos I've been wanting to take. I back on program now, and recommitting to myself and better fitness. Just to put it in perspective, here is a photo from before.


     I will get back there and better. My eating times are much more strict and fasting has been put back in place. I'm still wary of doing a 72 hour fast, due to the pandemic. When you go for more than 24 hours, you put your immune system at jeopardy. If you can stay home that entire time, plus a couple more days, you will come out better off, but since I never know what the schedule is, since people will not let me know when they are coming or when they are calling, I have to give up on a reboot fast. I really would like to do one, not for weight loss but for the whole baseline aspect of it. I just want a good full reset. It would be nice to start over fresh at something.

     Guage, aka, Baby Girl, aka The Shnuggie is doing great. She is fully healed up and not having any problems with her ears at this time. I'm sure that will all change, but for now, it's really nice to not have to worry about her. That is one thing at least, off my plate.

     Oh, I do have something I can talk about. Me and my buddy will be doing a couple of videos soon. Not right away though, because we have to prepare for it. We have to spicy challenges ahead of us. The first one will be the easier of the two, but stating that it is easy, is a misnomer. It is called the Death Nut Challenge.


     If you blow that up, you can see what is in each section of nuts. The very first one, is made with two of the hottest peppers in the world. Granted, in this form they shouldn't be as hot as the pods themselves, but they should still be far above what most people would ever eat spice wise. I expect the first set of nuts to be slight above Ghost pepper level. The idea is that you have to have each section in your mouth for a full 15 seconds, and then you have to wait 1 minute before going to the next stage. Once they are all gone, I think there is a 5 minute burn, that you have to get through without having any water, milk, whatever to try and quench the fire. As you can see, saying that is the easy one, should have you pondering what the next one is.

     Challenge 2 is the Tube of Terror. I think it is 30 peanuts that are stage 5 of the Death Nut Challenge. You can only eat them 2 at a time, and you have 10 minutes to finish the tube with a 5 minute burn to follow. The big difference with these, is that they put capsaicin crystals on them the measure 13 million on the Scoville Heat Units scale.13 million sounds like a lot, and it is, but although they haven't officially measured the scale of these nuts, they believe that they are at about 3 million. That is hotter than a Carolina Reaper, but quite a bit. It wouldn't be the hottest thing I've ever had. I did have an extract that measured out at 7.1 million, and I can tell you that it was insane. The downside of extracts is, that they have a chemical taste to them, which is pretty nasty. I've seen that these nuts supposedly have a really great flavor to them, so I'm a little worried and excited about both of these challenges.


     Although are tolerance is pretty high right now. We need to get it a bit higher before we do both of these challenges. For me right now, my tolerance is at a point where habaneros hit me like a jalapeño. I barely feel any heat from them at all. I just know that there is a slight burning sensation on my tongue. In order for me to really feel the heat and get my eyes watering, I have to eat something higher than a Ghost pepper. That gives me a minor sense of panic still. I'd like to be eating reapers at the level. Then I would feel pretty confident going into both of these challenges. Regardless of how high we get our tolerances, it won't really prepare us. These are going to be brutal. It's going to be fun.

     Since I only do this once a week (for now), I have been missing out on Favorite Song of the Week. I thought I would add it to this weekly post, just so that I can have something pleasant for you. This one is from a Russian guitarist, that is out of this world. He does some pretty amazing things with an acoustic guitar. His videos do have some tracking, so not everything is actually played live, but about 90% of it is, and when you watch this, you will understand just how difficult it all is. This is Alexandr Misko, with an original song from his current album called, "Eventide Lullaby". I hope you enjoy it.


     That's it for this week. Please be kind to each other. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment