Sunday, November 8, 2020

A New Day Is Upon Us

       It's definitely been a week. Stress eating but in moderation has gotten me through it, and with the big announcement yesterday I decided to break ranks and celebrate with a bunch of carbs. It was good, but reminded me that that satisfaction I used to get from them, just isn't there anymore. Don't really miss them at all.

       Let's talk about the fact that dogs are going to be back in the White House. The Biden's have two dogs, both german shepards. Champ has been in the White House before, back when the Biden's were the second family.


     Thats Champ down at the bottom of the picture. In the upper left is Major. There is something very special about Major.





















     Major will be the first rescue dog to ever reside in the White House. As you know, I love rescue dogs, both of my pitties are rescues and I will only get rescues for the rest of my life. I'm hoping that Major will shine a light on rescues and the need for people to adopt. It's time to put breeders out of business, there are millions of fantastic animals sitting in shelters right now that need homes. If you want a certain breed, take the time and look around you will find that breed in a shelter near you, or you can talk to your local shelter and they can reach out to other shelters to find what you are looking for. Shelters will often do trades with other shelters to help place pets that are more likely to get homes in certain areas. Morty was a trade from a shelter across the state. They were having trouble placing him in a home and sent him across state to my local shelter where I found him. Morty has had a happy home for nearly three years now. This is the part were I implore you with every ounce of my being to adopt and not shop. If you are looking for a pet, any pet, check your local shelters. Like I said, if they don't have it, they might be able to point you in the right direction for you to adapt exactly what you are looking for.

     One of the most powerful images I saw yesterday while roaming around social media was of Kamala Harris walking with the shadow of Ruby Bridges. If you don't know who she is, she was the first girl to desegregate an elementary school in Louisiana. That was in November of 1960.  That may seem like a long time ago, but it's only a generation away. It shows the progress of this nation, but the lack of speed of it as well.





















     We must do better as a nation and a people to be more accepting of everyone. The election may be over, but the fight has just begun. I am committed to making change that benefits everyone and not just a select few. The underlying story of this nation is how people of color stepped up and made change happen. Black women came out in massive numbers to lean the election the way it went. Navajo nation voted overwhelmingly for change at a clip of 97%, yet their women are kidnapped, raped, and murdered at high levels and not justice is sought for them. The vast majority of native women's murders and crimes go unsolved and uninvestigated. That needs to change. They are the indigenous people of this nation, and deserve much more than they have gotten. This link will tell you more about their plight and how you can help. https://mmiwusa.org

     I have one more website for you. This origination was created by Stacey Abrams after her unfair election loss. She devoted her time and effort to make sure that no one in Georgia would suffer that injustice again, and it appears, that it had a massive hand in Georgia's latest election. If you have friends and family in Georgia, there is a runoff election in January for the two remaining senate seats. Send them this link so that they are ready to vote in those elections. https://fairfight.com Every vote should count from eery eligible voter no matter their political affiliation.

     Ok, I'm done with the political stuff. I do have an update on the allergic reaction. I'm still having some problems. Last Sunday I said it was feeling great, and it was, but Monday I had a horrible relapse. I woke up Monday morning with a stinging around my eyes, as the day progressed it got worse and my face swelled. It took a couple of days for the swelling to go away, but I'm left with very dry skin and a constant itching. This was me on Monday evening.

     You can see how puffy my face is and how my left eye is closing up a bit. That wasn't the peak of it either. it got worse by the time I went to sleep, which was very difficult to do. I'm looking forward to when this is completely healed and done. I won't be able to get the pictures I wanted, because I can't put any thing on my face that might irritate it. I will be searching out alternatives to dying my beard, but I won't try any until I'm absolutely certain that I won't have a reaction. This will go away, but this is the beginning of week three with irritation and itching. In the meantime, I will come up with some other ideas that won't require me to dye my beard for the photos. I may have to create my own character look, which will be kind of fun. For now it will just be in the planning stages with no trial, until my skin is back to normal. I may have to do some drawings. This will be a great excuse for me to break out the pad and pencils.

     Last but not least, it's time for Favorite Song of the Week. Just a couple of days ago, Miley Cyrus released a new song from her up coming album. This is a mashup of her first single from the album and a classic rock song. When I first heard Midnight Sky, I held this Stevie Nicks vibe. I even sent it to a friend and said that I could hear Stevie in it, not her, but the whole feel of it. Miley must have had the same thought when she wrote the song, because this mashup is with Stevie and the song Edge of Seventeen. It's clear when you hear it, that it heavily influenced Miley's song. Here is Miley featuring Stevie Nicks in "Edge of Midnight".


     It's a great song with a whole 70's rock vibe. I'm going to go listen to it again and relax while all of yesterdays carbs settle in. Tomorrow begins a new and the fight begins anew. Not just with health, but for a better living for all. Lift up voices that are normally silenced. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment