Sunday, March 28, 2021

Feeling A Little Blue

      I've been doing really well walking the lake trail. I did take Saturday off. I didn't even do skateboard Saturday. I've been putting in the miles, and really just needed a rest. A couple of times I was able to get out on the trail early enough to make two laps, which is just short of a 5 mile walk, but with the distance I park from the trail it's probably an actual 5 mile walk.


 

     That big lake is the one I walk around. You can see the trail just at the edge of the lake. It's pretty wide. That red X is where I park my car, so I have to walk all the way from there, which is were the exercise trail is to the lake trail. I figure it's probably a 10th to a 15th of a mile extra walk one way. Put that together an you get about an extra quarter mile to add to the 4.74 miles that is a double loop.

     The two mornings I got out early enough for the double loop, it was dark. The first day had the extra spookiness of fog. Spookiness aside, it's really relaxing being out there at that time of the morning, which is about an hour and a half before sunrise.




     Both of these pictures were taken at the same location only on different days. The fog was great, but it did get me soaked, so I got to experience what it would be like walking out there in the rain and then getting dried off when the sun rose. My ankle is feeling really good, and I think I'm going to step up the schedule, but still work slowly. About midweek, I'm going to give running a go, but only a very short distance each day. If you look at the map and you see that big right angle in the lake, the horizontal line is where the gate is. It's just at the edge of left field of the baseball diamond. That perpendicular line which is the longest straight stretch is where I'm going to try to run. From the gate to the tip of the dinosaurs nose is a half mile, so that stretch is probably just short of a quarter mile. My goal is to get that whole stretch in, but if I feel the slightest bit of pain, I'm shutting it down. If I can get that distance down with no pain, I'll work on expanding my distance every few days. I'll of course let you know who it goes.

     I really need to share my meal with you from Friday. It was pretty incredible tasting. Oh, a little weight update coming just after this. I decided to smidge the carb bar a little on Friday, but I limited the fat and upped the protein so it will all work out, plus the carbs I chose are pretty friendly to me. First off is the burgers. I made a bacon, egg, and cheese burger that I'm going to frankly say was the best burger I've ever eaten. It was real simple too. Bacon in the oven, but not over done, still a little floppy, then fried up the burgers and a couple of eggs. The eggs were over easy, and then placed on the burgers while they finished cooking. I placed a slice of sharp white cheddar on each egg, and then broke the bacon in half and put two broken halves on each burger.


 

     There's only one burger in the picture cause I didn't think about getting a picture until after I finished that. I've never eaten fried eggs before, Ive always had scrambled. I was always freaked out by the runny yoke. I was wrong. The yolk running down when it broke had a creamy flavor that I didn't expect, and I'm now in love with fried eggs over scrambled. Oh, I'll still do scrambled eggs, but I have a new weapon in my arsenal now. The fries are where the carbs get dicey. They aren't just normal fries though, they are veggie fries, made with a blend of cauliflower and potatoes, they add some ranch and bacon seasoning to them for a little extra kick. You do have that cauliflower flavor hit you, but I'm used to it and rather like it, so it's not a problem for me. They are really good. No matter what anyone says, they are only slightly healthier than regular fries, but that really isn't saying much.. The thing I've found for myself is that if I have the occasional starchy carb, it really helps me out. It's like a booster for my metabolism. This is where the weight update comes in. I hoped on the scale Friday for a weight check. It was the first time in about a week and a half, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was down another pound. I hit 163.4. So the weight is still coming off. I think once I get running again, I can kick it into another gear and lose weight a little faster, but I'm happy with 1 pound in 2 weeks. 

     Now for the reason for the title. I dyed my beard blue, and finally got it right. The color came out perfect this time and I'm pretty happy about it. Take a look for yourself.


 

     I think I'll keep that color for a little while, and then go back to the purple, maybe do a half and half at some point, that might be pretty wild.

     Time for Favorite Song of the Week. I discovered the band way late in the game, and I'm bummed I didn't find out about them sooner. I missed out on so much time I could be listening to them. For the most part it's just two guys, but they do use a full band. The singer/songwriter Eric Burton is an old soul. You can hear it in his songs. He teamed up with producer and guitarist Adrian Quesada to form Black Pumas, and I'm so glad that they did. The whole album is great with original songs and a few covers. It is just good old fashioned soul music with a little rock & roll thrown in. Listen to this song and then look up the album and give it a try. This is a sit down on a Friday night kind of album. Here is Black Pumas with their first single "Colors".


     You can't listen to that and then tell me that it doesn't just hit you in a place that makes you feel good. If you do, well then we just can't be friends. 

     I'm still on my social media blackout, well, it's mostly Facebook blackout. I have ventured into Instagram and Twitter sporadically, but not anywhere near as much as I did before. I have to tell you, that i really don't miss any of it.

     I'm finally going to be eligible for the vaccine starting tomorrow, so I'm going to be on the Publix portal at 7 (which the changed the time so that I couldn't get on it Friday) in the morning. I'm hoping to book an appointment for this week. I'll take whichever vaccine I can get. I don't care at this point. The 3 that are out now have differing percentages as to how effective they are, but they are all 100% effective against hospitalization and serious illness. What that means is, that for example with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine it's like 70% effective, that's not an exact number I can't recall what it is off hand. Anyway, if you fall in the 30% you can catch the virus, but what it does do is makes it so when you do catch it, it's only a mild form of it. I'll take that over dying any day. What I'm saying here is, go get the vaccine as soon as you can.

      That's all for this week. I'm hoping next week will be full of information about getting the vaccine. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment