Sunday, February 27, 2022

Not The Gold Experience

      Let's just get this out of the way right now. My hundo streak ending didn't last long, because I caught 3 more this week. One from research, which I'll explain research at another time, one from ball blasting, which I will also explain at another time, and one from a raid. That raid one is a rather spectacular one at that. I was invited to a raid, I think in Japan and considered not doing it, but something told me to do it. It paid out in spades. I watched the CP run down, which is what happens in any raid. The one you battle has a much higher CP (oh yeah Combat Points) than the one you get to catch. Anyway, I watched it run down to 1474 which I know to be that particular pokemons hundo CP. I was pretty stoked that I got another hundo after going a week without one, but then when the catch screen opened up, I was shocked. It was a shiny. Now shiny legendaries are automatic catches, you just have to throw the ball, but I had to do this right and dropped a silver pinap berry which makes it a little easier to catch the pokemon but also gives you extra candy when you catch it. Once I did that I set my catch ring so that I would get an excellent catch and waited for it to attack. When it made it's move I spun my ball for a curve throw and let it go to glory, Excellent catch on a Shundo. I've been playing since about a month or so after the game started in 2016 and this is my first ever Shundo which if you couldn't figure it out, is a shiny hundo. I know a few people that have multiple shundos, so me only having this one makes it very special to me. I immediately made it my buddy so I can start walking with it and finding candy and candy XL so that I can power it up to a level 50 as soon as I can. I took a screen shot of right after it popped up on the screen.



     Look at that, it's a thing of beauty. I honestly thought that I would never get myself a shundo. The easiest way to get one is through trading with a friend that is lucky, but even that way, I've only come close with a 98%, so the shundo was a pipe dream. I still don't believe this is going to change my shundo luck of course, I will go back to catching hundos and saving the shudos for the inordinately lucky people that play. I do have one more pictures with it's appraisal showing the IV, which I still have no idea what IV stands for, but that is the preferred term for the bars in the appraisal. 



     Oh, it wasn't in Japan it was in New Mexico. I completely forgot where I caught it since I get invited to raids all over the world now and most of them are from Japan. Anyway, shortly after taking that screen shot I changed it's name to Deoxyshundo, in honor of it being my first and only shundo. Yeah, it's the little things that excite me now.

     I began working on the painting this week. I did mention that I was doing a painting right? Anyway, there is more to it than just a painting, but the entire thing has come with it's challenges and there has been some very big bumps in the road so far. For instance, I got all may paints out and realized very quickly that I didn't have any black paint. Black paint is very important in this painting so that was a huge bump. I finally got out to get some yesterday, but in the meantime I worked on what I could. Almost every technique that I'm using in this painting is foreign to me. It is very much outside what I would normally do, and that is rather exciting I have been taking progress photos, but I'm going to save those until I'm completely finished to unveil the whole thing to you. If things go well, I may be done by next week when I write this, so look forward to those photos then.

     Also in the excitement or maybe this really isn't exciting, is dealing with my mom. A couple of weeks ago she was put on the actively declining list which meant that they were expecting the end to come very soon, but then she bounced back and was taken off in the middle of last week. One of those determining factors was her eating (really drinking at this point) and her bowel movements. Here comes the excitement. After a few days off of no bowel movements, which I rightly assumed was because of her lack of food intake, the came back and in a way that has made this week extra challenging for my stress. She has had multiple movements a day, and a couple of days ago it was as high as 5. Now these aren't simple bowel movements, they are pudding constantly expelling from the body. Let me tell you, I have no idea where it is all coming from. I know the body stores waste, but it seems that she is expelling everything like it is going out of style. Hospice sent extra wipes this week which I thought would get us through a few weeks, but I wiped (no pun intended) those out in a couple of days. I'm going to have to ask the nurse to order more tomorrow when I see her. That makes it a little embarrassing that I've gone through that many wipes in less than a week. Oh well, deal with the disasters as they come. That seems to be my motto right now.

     Ok, some TV viewing pleasures for you. If you didn't know, the latest season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has returned. Amazon prime is dropping 2 new episodes each week on Fridays, so if you haven't started the new season, you have 4 fantastic episodes to watch. This is one of the best written shows ever written, and I will stand by that statement. I highly recommend watching it, and if you've never watched it, you will now have 3 glorious seasons with 4 episodes of season 4 ahead of you. I did see from Alex Borstein that they have begun production on season 5 which will be their final season. I'm both excite and bummed, but all good things must come to and end, and I can't wait to see exactly how they wrap this whole show up. I'm telling you, it is a masterpiece.

      For some fun viewing, Disney + debuted Free Guy on their streaming service this past week. I simply expected a goofy fun comedy, but it was really good and had a surprise touching storyline to it. When this came out back in the summer or so, I saw a few things about it being a vanity type project for Ryan Reynolds to satisfy some contract obligations with the film company and what not, and that it was kind of a throwaway film, but it really isn't. One of the great parts of the movie is Taika Waititi, who if you don't know is probably better known as a director from New Zealand, but gets the occasional acting gig, and he really pumps it up as the villain in this movie. On a side note, if you haven't seen Jo Jo Rabbit, do whatever you have to do to see it. I have become a very big fan of Taika's work and right now he can do no wrong. He is not only a good actor but a great director. He's also a really fun guy to follow on Instagram. Has some cheeky behind the scenes photos of him using a air blower to get a shot of, I'm not sure who it was to him, but it was to get that wind blown look in a photo. Anyway, this was about Free Guy, but I had to point out the greatness that is Taika.

     It's time for Favorite Song of the Week and this week belongs to my all time favorite artist, so I'm assuming you already know that means this is going to be a song by Prince. In honor of the Estate announcing that The Gold Experience is going to be re-released on Record Store Day this year, I'm choosing the big hit from that album. It is with great enthusiasm that I give you Prince & the New Power Generation with "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World"

       There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him, and think about what more he could have done musically. I'll just have to settle for all the unreleased and remastered music that the Estate is putting out.

     That's about it for this week. I'm going to be working hard on that painting in hopes that I'll be done by next weekend so that I can share it with you. Despite the bumps, it has been a real fun experience, and such a pleasure to be creating again. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment