Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Heathens

     How do I start this tonight? Well, I guess I just did, so let's get into it. I wanted to give a little applause to the band Panic! at the Disco. They have rereleased a t-shirt that gave a portion of the proceeds to HRC. It is based from one of their songs called, "Girls/Girls/Boys". All the proceeds from this shirt are going to the Pulse Victims Fund. They have been selling it on their current tour, and tonight is the last night that you could by it, but wait. They also are selling it on Teespring. You have the chance to order one, and help out a good cause, just go to Girls/Girls/Boys


     I watched America's Got Talent tonight, and there were some amazing acts. I will always try to pick one act that stands out, but there were so many tonight. I had to choose one though, and Jayna Brown was the one that I thought was the best. She is a 14 year old girl, that has the voice of a 45 year old soul singer. I think she has a shot at going pretty far in the competition, but I'll let you decide for yourself.


     Beyond her voice, she also commands a stage like someone with years of experience in front of a large crowd. That is what separated her from the rest to me. She just has that "IT" factor about her. Her presence and poise make her a top contender to me.

     I didn't have my Favorite Song of the Week last week, so that you could take a short moment of silence and reflection instead. The FSW (yeah, i'm going to shorten it from now on. it will make things go quicker) is back this week. It is from my favorite band. At a time in my life, when I was contemplating suicide on a daily basis, this bands album Vessel lifted me up and brought me out of it. Sure, there were other factors involved, but that album was important. That album also got me to pick up a ukulele and learn to play. I haven't put that ukulele down yet. Their songs speak about issues that a lot of people don't want to talk, or even hear about. Those songs spoke to me, and I could relate.This is a new song from the Suicide Squad soundtrack. They just released the video for it today. I would have liked to post that video, but for some reason, I can not get it to come up, so  fan video it is. Ah, let's just get to it already. This is Heathens by my favorite band in the world Twenty One Pilots.



     I hope you enjoy the song and the band. One day I will go into detail of what it is a like about this band and their fans in general. I've take up enough of your time tonight. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to talk more about the topics in this post, simply from sharing commonalities that are very intriguing subjects - existential questions. And you know, I really have not been familiar with 21 pilots. I have heard of them, but had not heard their music. Just listened to this song though. Loved it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the song, and any time you want to talk about anything, I'm up for it.

      Delete