Saturday, October 3, 2020

New Channel

      You may or may not have noticed, but I forgot to post last week, and of course, today isn't Sunday. I have no excuse for last week, but today is because tomorrow should be a pretty full day. I'm actually going to have a social date. I really lack a better term for it, other than a get together with a friends family. Don't worry, everyone is healthy and safe, which is why I'm doing it, plus I definitely need to get out of the house and a way from life for a while.

     We are going to grill some burgers and a few experimental dishes. I'll tell you about them next week, if they are any good. We are also going to be filming our first challenge in a while. It is the return of the Paqui One Chip Challenge. They just released their new chip, and it is supposed to be more demonic than last years, with the addition of Sichuan pepper, that supposedly added numbness and tingling. I'm still not sure how numbest is a bad thing in this kind of challenge. If everything goes right, I should be posting the video on Monday evening, maybe afternoon, to a channel that we created just for our exploits in pepper and spicy challenges. It is called Epic Inferno, and you can subscribe here so that you don't miss any new video as it posts Epic Inferno YouTube 

     We are pretty excited about this new channel and the challenges that we already have set up. As I said,

we are kicking it off with the Paqui One Chip Challenge. We will follow that up with the Death Nut, and then the Tube of Terror. They should all test our tolerance, which I was thinking was pretty good, until I ate a habanero yesterday and it scorched my throat. It is different eating raw pods though as opposed to some kind of food item, but these are still going to hurt. 

     Here is why I thought my tolerance was better. The other day I made burgers, and cut up there dragon's breath, and two reapers. Those two are comparable on heat. These were all small in size, but with these superhots, size doesn't always matter. Half way through my first burger I had the razorblades in my mouth, but it wasn't enough to stop me. I quickly finished off the second burger and enjoyed the ride, which was about a half hour of mouth melting heat. The good part was that there was no throat burn. That is the burn that always gets me. It causes that slight bit of panic when you have some trouble with your throat. It's just a very uncomfortable feeling. If I remember right these chips do have a tough throat burn, so expect some pretty fun reactions from these.

     With our first three challenges set, we will need others. More than likely we will try and fill up time with pod reviews for different peppers, ranging from mild to superhot. The mild probably won't be that exciting for non chili heads, but the superhots should be just as fun as watching these challenges. There are tons of spicy challenges out there. I know of the world's hottest chocolate bar, and the nitro gummy bear (a 9 million scoville heat unit gummy bear). We shouldn't have a shortage of content for people to enjoy. Right now we don't have a schedule or even know how often we can film these, but I'm hoping we can do our best to put up one a week. At least for the next three weeks. We will just have to see.

     A little garden update. This is the Blue Balloon flower, and it's pretty fantastic. I'm hoping this will take over the majority of the garden, since a lot has died due to the excessive heat we have had this summer.


     Pretty awesome flower right? I still got the peppers growing as well, although they are being attacked by white flies right now, and I have no idea how to get rid of them. Anyway, this is my harvest today. I got several varieties with most of them in the medium to superhot category.








     The left is right out of the garden, and the right is them spread out to dry after cleaning. There are two types of ghost, some chocolate brain strain as well as yellow, some MOA scotch bonnets, papa dreadies, orange and puma peach habaneros, black but x chocolate naga brain, Madam Jeanette, foodarama, plum gum, and primo x BOC. The habaneros, jeanettes, and bonnets are all that medium heat, while the rest are all in the superhot category. As much as I would like to be able to eat all of these, I will be freezing most of them so that I can dry them out and make powder later on. I just can't eat them fast enough, there's like 20 orange habaneros there. The most I've ever eaten in one night was 7, and that had me on fire. All of those with the exception of the Jay's red ghost scorpion, ( the long ones in the super left hand corner ) all have great flavor. I'm not fond of the floral flavor of ghosts. I love them the smell, and I love them as powder, but as a raw pod, they are just gross. 

     Time for Favorite Song of the Week. If you haven't been following the epic rock battle between Nandi Bushell and Dave Grohl, you are missing out on some of the best stuff coming out of this pandemic. It started when Nandi did a drum cover of Everlong, in which she challenged Dave to a drum off. Dave saw the video and obliged by a cover song of his own challenging Nandi to do it as well. She turned it up a notch and did it flawlessly. Dave then had to do the honorable thing and take it up another notch and wrote an original song just for Nandi. What was Nandi to do with that? Well, here is the answer. This is Nandi Bushell with her original song "Rock and Grohl".


     Come on, how can you not love that. The next step is as Nandi says, and they collaborate on a song together. This pandemic hasn't been all bad.

     That's it for this special Saturday edition. If I live through the challenge, which by the way, won't be just the One Chip (you will see it all on the video), you will see a video on Monday, if you subscribed it will be in your subscription page, Not sure you can click on the bell yet for notifications since we don't have any videos up yet, actually just checked, and the bell is there. Just click on the bell and hit all. That will give you a notification on your phone or your email when we post a new video. Peace in and have a great Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment