Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Path Forward

      I wanted to start out with my Favorite Thing of The Week. My FTOTW is this.



     Two beautiful dogs back in the White House. Champ is the elder statesman of the family and he is lying near the Presidential seal, while Major the rescue is next to Biden and the resolute desk. I'm so ecstatic over the fact that a rescue dog is in the White House. I have a deep spot in my heart for rescues, and believe that all people should get their pets from shelters, due to the millions of shelter animals in the country. So remember adopt don't shop.

     Today is my final full day of clean keto and although I should do my weigh in and pictures tomorrow, I went ahead and did them today, cause what is a day going to make. I weighed in at 164.4 which is exactly 8 pounds down. That averages out to 1 pound a week, which I'm happy with. What I'm not happy with is how I look. I know I can have more definition, because I have, but I also know that it's a long process that won't happen in just 8 weeks. I may as well get to the pictures and then we can talk about how I move forward after.






     



















     The top photo is the one from I believe 4 weeks ago. The others are from today with the exception of the side by side, which was today vs. last Monday. You can also tell by the side by side, I changed the angle a bit and used a different flash. The new flash washes my skin out a bit, but if you look closely, you can see more definition from the beginning to last Monday, to today. Don't let anyone tell you that a week can't make a difference.  I'm still working to get back to where I was and then beyond that. My goal is still the same despite the side track, which is 10% body fat. I did measure body fat a few weeks ago and came in at 22%. I was much lower than that before so it's a disappointment for me that I let myself go so far. It won't happen again. 

     Then path moving forward. I'm having a good ol' cheat day tomorrow, and then taking the week off for very strict eating. Going to just relax eating wise for a week then it will be strict eating again but in 28 day cycles. As for my workouts, those won't change much, even though I did have to change them a bit this week. The shoes in the new photos are my new minimalist running shoes. They are Xero Speed Force shoes. Minimalist shoes take some adjusting, which I didn't do, so I suffered an injury due to my footfall. I'm a hard striker with my heel, which is fine if you have tons of padding, with no padding, not such a great thing. My ankle took a beating on my right foot. There is a little swelling but it will heal. Because of that, I reached out to friends to find out what I needed to change, and they gave me a bunch of great tips, that I'm putting into effect. I can't run right now, but I put the principles to work while power walking. That kept me able to walk the trail at a very brisk pace. I confirmed it was the heel strike that did the damage but simply starting out my walk imitating my runners stride. There was immediate pain, so I made the changes and it was a huge difference. Tomorrow is my full rest day, so I'm hoping that my heel will enjoy the time off. Here is a better picture of the shoes. Despite them basically being a rubber sole and a canvas upper, they are really comfortable. I also love the direct feel and feedback that they give due to being almost barefoot. It's how I was able to tell that it was my stride that was wrong.



     They are a fantastic company and most of their shoes are vegan friendly including the ones I'm wearing. Prices are reasonable. These were on sale for half off which made them really reasonable. I'll put  link if you want to check them out. They do have all types of shoes, not just running, but they are mostly actively based. They also have a DIY sandal that I may eventually get. https://xeroshoes.com     Check them out. I am not an affiliate although they've sent me information on being one, but you have to be vetted and I frankly don't have the followers to be able to be one anyway, I just really love the shoes.

     One last thing, well two actually, before I wrap this up. My mom is getting her second vaccination shot tomorrow, which will take a little more weight off my shoulders. I also have postponed the new story until next week. I rewrote the beginning and had to let it sit with me for a while. I'm beginning to see the path which is a good sign, but I still don't see the ending, which to me is the most important part of my process. I also might work on some art for it as well. Regardless of if I get the artwork done, I will be pushing myself to get this story going this week. I won't make a deadline this time, you'll just have to be surprised of it pops up on a day this week. I hope you have a wonderful and fantastic week Peace in and goodnight.     

No comments:

Post a Comment