Sunday, July 4, 2021

I Just Don't Know

      It's been a pretty miserable week, but I'm trying my best to end it on a high note. Let's get into why it's been so bad. Well, the Schnuggie is having some health problems and I'm worried. I need to try and make a vet appointment for tomorrow, tomorrow morning. She is having some labored breathing and the sak that usually fills with fluid on her cheek has migrated lower and might be causing the problem, or it maybe another kind of growth entirely. I thought it was the typical filling with blood and I would keep an eye on it to rupture then clean her and everything up as usual, but when the growth dropped lower and below her jawline, everything changed, and the problems began. With everything going on with her, I'm stressed out more than usual, then to top that off, since her schedule is all messed up from this, she is wandering around at night, which gets Morty needing to come in m room and get as close as humanly and caninely (is that even word? it is now) possible. Which means he gets on the bed and than collapses on top of me. This happens several times a night, and The Schnugg needs to go out in the middle of the night now. With all of this going on, my mom has been waking up and wandering during the night as well. Needless to say, I've gotten no more than a couple hours of sleep each night, with the exception of last night when I finally collapsed and couldn't wake up until 6 this morning.

     All of this has gotten me searching out comfort foods, which means a whole lot of garbage. I have not eaten clean at all, but I have kept to eating windows, and limited my caloric consumption as to not overdo it. Even though my eating has been a disaster, I'm not a disaster yet. It takes much more than a week to do that. Still it does go faster than it did to take it off, but that's when you forget all about everything. I need you to know that one week, maybe even one month isn't going to ruin everything, it will put a damper on things, but you can overcome it, and I will as well. These aren't accountability photos, but they are kind of a check in, and also to show you my patriotic 4th outfit for the day.




     Had to highlight my American Rebel Johnny Cash socks. They are pretty rad. As you can seed despite being an actual train wreck, I don't look like one. Still haven't made it to join that gym, I had different priorities this week, but I am on the verge of just giving up on overcoming my anxiety on that matter. Also, since I didn't get much sleep, I haven't hit the lake trail since Tuesday, so goal was not reached by a rather large margin this week. I'm going to chalk it up to a rest week, and try to get things back to normal this week. After I deal with the Schnuggie situation. 

     I did add the final plant to the garden, so now it's all about getting the new fencing and putting the string light up, and then filling in all the gaps with mulch. The final plant is a rose bush. I've wanted to try and grow roses for a long time now, but never had the right place for a bush until now. Since the garden is being overhauled, this is the perfect addition, and I've not only wanted roses, but I wanted a fragrant flower.  None of the other ones give off any scent, so it's truly a joy to have something that you can grow and enjoy the oder of, as opposed to growing something that's going to melt your tongue and face.



     If you remember back to the last photo, that plant at the bottom right was the berry cream from the pepper in a can challenge. It has already doubled and possibly tripled in size since transplanting. If you didn't notice, the Rose is dead center at the top. We've gotten quite a bit of rain lately, and that Rose is even fuller with more blooms on it right now. I'm going to try to get that fencing this week. If I'm lucky it will be the same white fencing that is already there, the problem with that is that it's dry rotted and starting to break and fall apart. A couple years in the sun have made it very brittle. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the new lights work. They were a Wish purchase, so chances may not be good, but they were cheap, I mean very cheap, and if they do work, they are going to be a pretty big deal for me. Hopefully I'll have completed garden pictures next week.

     One last photo, which is kind of Favorite Thing, but I'm just going to make it a bonus FT this week. This is a can of Liquid Death Mountain Water in one of their paper bag type coozies. Their water is really great, and I love their tongue and cheek sense of humor about looking like a degenerate while simply murdering your thirst (no this is not a paid advertisement, I just really like their water?.



     Give them a try some time. They are very environmentally conscious and all about recycling. I think they mention that 60% of their can is from recycled material, where as most of your plastic bottles are only about 10% if even that. They can't go full recycled material, due to it being weaker than newly forged aluminum, that's where the 40% comes in. Oh and the water is from the Alps, natural water from a natural source, not filtered, just good.

     Ok, now that the plugging is out of the way, let's get to Favorite Things of the Week. See what I did there? I made it plural. I wanted to recommend two new shows that I started watching. The first one is a reboot of an old Nickalodean show, iCarly. Yes, I watched, no I'm not a weirdo. Well, no more than normal, but I relay enjoyed the early show. Gibby was my favorite character, and Spencer having all of his sculptures somehow erupt into flames was a hilarious gag. The new show is more adult oriented to grab ahold of those kids that watched it when they were young and now in their twenties. There is more adult language and topics, but the still brought bag the sculptures bursting into flames gag back. Gibby has yet to show up, but I'm hoping beyond hope that he does. He is played by Noah Munck and you may know him as Naked Rob on The Goldberg's.  Which let's not even get into how hilarious it is that he is Naked Rob when his running gimmick on iCarly was to take his shirt off and dance all the time. Hilarious stuff. I do miss the character of Sam, but they did an acknowledgment of why she's not on the show. She is out touring the country with a motorcycle gang, which is what she was going to do when the show ended. The reality is that Jeanette McCurdy didn't want to reprise the role, so it's highly doubtful that she will ever make a reappearance is Sam Puckett. Anyway, iCarly has new episodes every Thursday on Paramount+ formerly CBS all access.

     The next show is also a kids type of show on Disney+. It is called The Mysterious Benedict Society. It is also doing weekly episode drops. I think it is every Friday, but I'm not 100% sure of that. It stars Tony Hale as Benedict an eccentric scientist that is trying to save the world from The Emergency. He has sneakily enlisted 4 kids to infiltrate a school to find the leader of the malicious organization and try to take down it's network. It is very much Lemony Snickett-ish. I am only assuming that the author is a fan of those works and molded his story in that same vane. Either way it is very entertaining. The show also has some people you may now in Kristen Schall and Ryan Hurst. Hurst may be more familiar at Opie in Sons of Anarchy, and Beta in The Walking Dead. That guy never seizes to amaze me with his talent. There is one part where the kids ask him his story and he breaks into the monologue with such depth of emotion that you simply stare at the screen without blinking in fear that you may miss something on the screen. He is definitely a highlight in the show, which is full of highlights. I won't go into more detail, because this is defiantly one of those shows you need to enjoy and live the experience as it happens and not know first hand what is going on. If you have Disney+ give it a try. I highly recommend it.

     That's all I have this week. Maybe next week I'll bring back Favorite Song of the Week, but nothing has really truly grabbed me lately. Sure there are the old favorites that I always go to, but even they are just carrying me over until something really grabs me again. I'm sure it's just the state of mind I'm in with dealing with all the pressure that is caving in on me right now. Like I said, I'm trying to finish this week on a high note, so getting this out right now is part of doing that. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment