Monday, May 9, 2016

About This Past Weekend.

     Concerning this past weekend, I guess I should start with the fact that I was off Friday. It was good to sit back and relax. It was a beautiful day, and I wanted to spend some time in a little place we like to call the Village. The tattoo shop that I go to is located there, and I needed to talk to my artist. I was showing him a design that I came up with for a friend of mine. It isn't going to happen until September, but I'm getting an early start on it, so that they can hash everything out, and get the perfect tattoo down.

     After stopping in and talking to him. I met a buddy of mine and we headed off for a few drinks. I was going to have lunch as well, so we walked through the Village to a little place called Murdock's. It's known for having great food, but lousy service. I figured since we there on off hours, we shouldn't have a problem. I was right. We were the only ones in the joint, and service was prompt, and friendly. I had a bacon cheese burger that had a maple jam on it. It was pretty darned good. I wished it down with my usual Jack & Coke. Well, a few of them. Ok, it was four of them. We had to waste time until another friend of ours showed up.

     While we were there, mu buddy told me, that he was going to be my wingman. I appreciate his enthusiasm, but it isn't in his skill set to be a wingman. When he sees women, the only thing he thinks about, is how he is going to introduce himself. He says he can do it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not saving my breath. It would be a new experience. I have always been the wingman, and not the pilot. Oh this is probably a good time to do a little promotion.

     I have already decided, that when I finish my 365 project, which will be on July 18th, that I am going to repost that entry here. I've been holding on to what is going to go in that post for some time, and it is something that I've never told anyone. Keep your eyes out for that one.

     That was my Friday. He had to take off, and I wasn't into going around the Village and far hop on my own, so I called it a night. The next day, I headed to the movies to catch Captain America Civil War. It was good. I had one very small problem with it, and that was a very bad CGI 3 second scene of a car chase. The more than made up for it with the rest of the movie though. By the way, I will never give spoilers without a warning.

     After the movie I headed to a friend's house for a little Derby party that they have every year. The grill up a bunch of meat, and prepare tons of other food. We sit around stuffing ourselves until the race, and then we find a reason to stay a little longer. In reality, I hadn't seen these friends in quite some time, so it was great to see them again. They even had a little surprise for me (well, it wasn't for me, but it was a surprise). I can't go into any detail on that though (oh great, he leads us in and then shuts the door in our faces). Sorry, I made a promise.

     After the derby party, it was off to meet up with my buddy from Friday night. I guess I should just call him what I call him on the 365 project. He is known as my drinking buddy. From now on, I will refer to him thusly. We were meeting up at our usual spot for drinks. He got quite a bit ahead of me, and he wanted to head back down the the Village to see what was going on. It was pretty dead there, and we only hung out for one more drink. There was two women that sat down at the bar near us, and he asked me if he should do the wingman thing. I told him not to worry about it, We had to leave after that drink, so there was no need in, trying to start up a conversation.

     I'm getting long, and I promised not to do that, so one last thing. I wouldn't call myself a collector, but I do have a rather odd affection for Funko Pop Vinyl figures. I happened upon two, while I was out running my errands yesterday, that I just couldn't pass up.

How do you pass up on Chewbacca and Kylo Ren? That was my weekend in a nutshell. I'll be back with more next week, hopefully it will be a little more eventful. Peace in and goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. I miss Murdocks. Loved their fish tacos and friend pickles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly got the fried pickles, but passed on clogging my arteries anymore than the burger was going to.

      Delete