Monday, May 30, 2016

Just One More Chance

     During my time of writing the 365, I have often had days, that I just don't know what to write. tonight is one of those times here. I had a pretty uneventful weekend, with the exception of going through a bout of depression, which I hadn't done in quite some time now.

     I had a feeling, that when I finally hit that low again, and it was a matter of when and not if, that it would be bad. I figured that I had logged so much time without going down the spiral, that when I did, it would equal the time not there in intensity. I have to say, that I'm quite happy that it didn't. Life has those funny little ways of messing with you, to keep you on your toes, or perhaps to lull you into a false sense of security. Since I was expecting it to be bad, I was prepared for the worse, and it threw a monkey wrench into those plans. This is all speculation on my part, and probably highly delusional.

     I hope that everyone had an enjoyable weekend. It's kind of strange writing this, what with me being off. This is the first time I've written here after having a Monday to myself. I go back to work tomorrow after a four day weekend. I really needed it. I was feeling a bit burnt out. It happens from time to time, but this time felt a little more intense. I was on edge, most of last week. I didn't snap at anyone or anything like that, but everyone got on my nerves very easily. I don't like being like that. it's not fun.

    I've been thinking about getting a new motorcycle lately. It's not a mid-life crisis thing. I already have a cruiser, and I was thinking about a sport bike. I wouldn't get anything with too much horsepower. Speed isn't my main motivator in this. I've been looking pretty hard at the 2016 Honda CBR650F. It would have just the right amount of horsepower for my needs, and it's a nice looking bike as well.


     As you can see, it's quite the looker. I would just ride it to work an around town. I'm keeping my other bike as a project to fix up. It's seen it's better days, and I think I want to tear it down, and turn it into a bare bones bobber. It will be fun, and take up some of my spare time.

     Let's get to the favorite song of the week. We are going to go back for it tonight, and it's more of a favorite song of all time rather than a favorite song for this week. I mention that I would drop a few things about Billie Holiday on you from time to time. I'm going to hold off on that for now, but I'm going to give you a little listen to how wonderful she truly is. Here is Just One More Chance by the one and only Billie Holiday.
     Peace in and goodnight.


4 comments:

  1. Nice looking bike. Little brother you can ride to Tennessee to visit your other sister and I would be nice to see you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no plans to ride any bike that far. I'm not really up for saddle soreness of that magnitude.

      Delete