Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Got An Idea.

     I'm a little disappointed in the new shower head. Here is the problem with it. It only cycles through all the colors 2-3 times and then settles somewhat on red. Once the water warms up it pretty much stays red with a slight change to green from time to time. It's nothing earth shattering, but it is a bit of a let down. The positive side of this, is that when it does go red, that is the least offensive to my eyes in low light. The red doesn't illuminate the room as much as the other colors, so it's not a bad thing. I did find that if I only leave it on one head, that it will fluctuate red to green to yellow, with highlights of the other colors from time to time. Still kind of fun.

     I figured out the perfect thing to do with that Pepsi Salted Caramel. I only figured out it too late to try it though. I need to find another one of them and then get a pint of vanilla ice cream. Yep, that's right, ice cream floats. I think that would work great with that. I'm really hoping that I can find another one of them now, so I can try it.

     I found out today, that they show that I liked so much, Me Myself & I, was cancelled by CBS due to poor ratings. It was by their own design. They put it on at 9:30 on a Monday night. Not a good place for a family friend comedy, and it was very family friendly. There was supposed to be a Thanksgiving special episode on Monday, but it was taken off, so I looked it up and sure enough, they cancelled the show. I'm pretty bummed about it, because I really thought it was a great show, but I knew the time slot was bad for it. That  was an 8 or 8:30 show all day. I'm hoping that the show will move to another network or maybe even Netflix. I think it could do well with the right promotion. CBS put barely any promotion behind it. They rarely advertised that it was going to be on, and I only saw one interview with Bobby Moynahan talking about the show. It's truly a shame.

     Still putting in thought on whether or not to film the piercings on Friday. I just don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of asking them for permission to film in the studio and what not. Also, I would have to bring spare batteries and the tripod for the GoPro, which means I have to backpack it over there for something that shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes. I guess you'll know on Sunday. Either  you will have a video to watch, or you'll read all about it right here.

     Time for Favorite Song of the Week, and this is a new one. It was released a week or so ago, by a band that has been around for a little while. They formed in Wilmette, Illinois in 2001, and took over the scened with a pop sound that has a heavy punk influence. This band is unusual in that their bass player writes all of their songs lyrically, and the lead singer does most of the arrangements. Normally it is the other way around and almost never the bass player but the guitarist or keyboard player, but that is part of their charm. They don't do things the "normal" way. That has probably lead to the bulk of their success. That and damn catchy tunes. I've gotten the chance to see this band live once, and they were great. I want to see them again, but they are one of those bands that isn't that popular in the state of Florida, so they tend to bypass it except for either Miami or Tampa, both of which are too far to drive on a  work night. Here is Fall Out Boy with "Hold Me Tight Or Don't".



     That's good stuff right there. I've been thinking about The Patchwork Knight more and more lately and exactly where it's going to go. I have the ending, or the idea of the ending. I have the plot twist, and I have a few scenes in my head for action. No I'm not going to tell you anything about any of those until it's time. I'm sure that the story is boring as it builds up into something, but that is the whole idea of this. I don't have to follow the constraints of a book. I can do this as I choose and let it go where it may. I notice it in a lot of books anymore, that people are becoming impatient in how a book flows. They want action right up front, and then they want it to keep going periodically throughout, or maybe that is just the way things are written now. I almost started out with action, which if I did, the antagonist would be different, but since I didn't do that, I have a whole other antagonist which I think is going to be much better, and possibly a surprise to you. At least I hope it will be a surprise, or maybe I just gave the surprise away and you know to look for something out of the ordinary now. If I do this right, it should still be a surprise to you. You will know it when you see it, I promise.

     Time for bed, so I'm out of here. Tomorrow is the last day of work for this week for me, and I want to get in there and get out as soon as I can, which will be exactly 8 hours and 45 minutes after I get there. Have a Happy Thanksgiving if you are in the U.S. or just have a brilliant day. I will be posting the next chapter of The Patchwork Knight on Thanksgiving. I don't stop for the holidays. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment