Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I Got A Makeshift Photo Booth.

     I am in love with that HUE Go light. I took my first photo using it, to get some different tones rather than white light, and I like the way it came out. When I get everything set up, I think it is going to be a great addition to Saki's Lounge.


     That's the light in it's most vibrant of red. I did record a video of my turning it on through Alexa, but I haven't previewed it, so I have no idea how the audio or anything is on it. Oh yeah, I guess I should share the picture I took. I posted this on Instagram a little earlier, but here it is.


     I had it on a purple hue for that one. I really like it. I can only Imagine how good it's going to look when I get a proper camera set up and start taking pictures in my "photo booth". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it. I'll check out that video tomorrow, and if I think it's worth posting on here, I will do it Sunday. If not, I'll bust out the GoPro and get a better quality video of it for you. 

     I have an addition to my weekend plans this week. You know, other than starting the clean up of all the old stuff in the lounge and the rain gutters. The Punisher premiers on Netflix on Friday. I've been looking forward to this since he was first announced on Daredevil. Don't get me wrong, I'm still waiting on Season 2 of Jessica Jones, which they finally gave a date for. it's 2018. That's all that Netflix will give you on that, at least that is all that I've found. Since Punisher is going live on Friday, Jon Bernthal has been making the rounds to the talkshows. He is quite the interesting dude. Grew up in D.C. and was kind of a bad kid. Liked getting into street fights and typical hooligan type stuff, but then he found acting, and it was his high school acting teacher that turned things around for him. She mentioned that he should go and try to get in this prestigious acting school in Moscow, and he did. He thinks that she knew that if he had stuck around there, he probably wouldn't have had any future at all. it all worked out, and a tiny little show by the name of The Walking Dead, did all the rest. If you don't know him, he was Shane in TWD. A pretty impactful character for one that was only on 2 seasons, which is 1 season longer than the comic books had him. He is married now, with 3 kids, and here is the best part, he loves pitbulls. That right there, just made me like him even more.

     When I was younger, I was a giant Punisher fan. I had all the comics, t-shirts, and anything related to him, so the idea of finally seeing a really good representation of that character is thrilling. He was great in Daredevil, and Netflix has done a fantastic job with their part of the Marvel Universe, so I can't see this going bad. Jon Bernthal in the two interviews I heard him in, said that he wanted to honor the fans, and give them something they would be proud of. That is all I ask, and I think he will do it in spades.

     I feel like this is going to be pretty short tonight. I don't have much to talk about, so let's get to Favorite Song of the Week and wrap this puppy up. If you have been enthralled with the latest Levi's commercial, it is probably because of the song. The internet is an amazing tool to help you find things you didn't know you needed to know, until you start looking for them. This song is one of those things. It is by a woman who goes by Jain. She was born Jeanne Galice Toulouse, France in 1992.
She was dragged around the world because of her fathers job, but those travels influenced her musical tastes. She stayed in Dubai, the Congo and Abu Dhabi. She finally settled in Paris,Which is where she calls home now. This song is from her 2015 album Zanaka which is Malagasy for child. It was meant to honor her mother who is Franco-Malagasy. That is the official language of Madagascar. I honestly thought when I heard the song that I was going to find out that she was South African, but it is all the influence of her travels that give her that sound. Here is Jain with "Makeba"



     Admit it, you wanted to dance when you heard it? It's ok, dancing is a good thing, and people should do it more. Time for me to go to bed. I think it's going to be another short week, so I have a long weekend to look forward to getting everything I need to get done done. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment