Sunday, May 16, 2021

That's How I Start My Day


      That was from my morning walk on Saturday. I really enjoy getting to see sights like this on my morning walks. I did real goal that day, but I had a separate goal that I wanted to hit, so I couldn't sleep in this morning and I had to hit the trail. The second goal, like the first was because of Pokemon GO. From time to time you get research tasks that you have to do. There are daily tasks when you spin a Pokestop (I won't get into the minutia of Pokestops), then there are timed, which take place during a certain period of time, and lastly there are special tasks. This is a special one and one of the tasks to complete the research is to walk 151 km. My overall goal is to finish this task in 3 weeks, but by hitting a certain number today I will finish it slightly before 3 weeks. That goal that I had to hit was the 100 km mark. I blew past that today taking it up to 105 km. That put me at 65 km for the week, which didn't allow me any rest, but it did get me ahead of the game.



     Got these this morning. Ok, what that is, is an Azhinga or jesus bird sitting on top of a fake goose. Why they have that fake goose in the lake, I don't know. It seems to mark a drain pipes end, but I really don't know what the pipe is draining.



     I played around a bit and did a fade on the ol' beard. It goes from purple to red, and I think I did a decent job for my first time taking a shot at it.

     One more picture. This was my meal on Friday. Oh, I did stick with the moderate carbs for one more week. My original plan was to go high carb for 2 weeks to get the benefits of loading up my muscles with glucose and also developing some insulin resistance. That way when I go back to keto, starting tomorrow, I can take advantage of that resistance. It will be kind of like a super charger for my body. Basically when you do keto for a long time you build up insulin sensitivity, which is why your progress slows, by carb cycling you get some of that resistance back again and start, not over but, you begin again from a higher point in the game. It's like taking one step back to move 3 steps forward. Anyway, this meal although low in carbs, was just a work of art, so I had to share.



     That's roast with baked broccoli and cauliflower lightly parmesan crusted. It was just as good as it looked too.

     Before I get to Favorite Song of the Week, I wanted to mention my Favorite Thing of the Week, and that is the new series on Netflix called Halston. It is about famed designer Roy Halston and it stars Ewen McGregor. I'm about half way through it right now and it is really good and Ewen is fantastic in the lead role. It tells the story of his life and part of that is his time at Studio 54. Studio 54 is one place that I truly wish I could have visited in its prime. It seemed like such a magical place, despite the disturbing underbelly of drugs and prostitution that were involved there. Back to the show. One other stand out character is Krysta Rodriguez she plays Halston's best friend Liza Minnelli. If you took my recommendation and watched the zombie show Daybreak, which Netflix didn't renew and I'm still sore over that, you saw her play the role of teacher Mrs, Crumble. Her transformation from that character to Liza is amazing. One last person involved in the show is Bill Pullman, and lets face it, he is good in anything, so give Halston a try, it really is fantastic.

     Ok, now for FSOTW. This one goes with the photo above. I was listening to this song when I turned the corner and was looking directly at that sunrise and the moment was just so perfect, so when you listen to this song, please take a look at that photo at the top. It just fits. This is from Myles Kennedy's new album The Ides of March. Myles Kennedy is the lead singer of the band Alter Bridge so this is a side project for him, although he records his own albums all the time. Anyway this is Myles Kennedy with "Love Rain Down".


     See what I mean now. I'm hoping to have some pretty big news for you soon. I'm still waiting on a few things, and it could take several weeks, but hopefully some fun will be had soon. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment