Sunday, December 5, 2021

Some New News

      Writing a little later this morning. I did wake up at 3 like is normal for me now, but I actually laid back down and made it all the way to 7:30. It was kind of nice for a change to sleep in, kind of.

      I have to put together a short video for The Pepperoni Report, so keep an eye out for that on Thursday at noon. I had planned to try something a little fun for it, but I got lazy and then when I got over that I couldn't find things that I needed so I just shot my part as a straight video. I'm still hoping it will be somewhat fun with the content involved, but I'll just have to wait and see.

      I did get some news regarding my mom this week. She has finally met the standards to be admitted to hospice care. As for what that entails I don't fully know, but from what I can gather it means that a nurse will come from time to time to document how she is doing and hopefully bath her. I'm still planning on doing the bathing but I asked them if they would send someone for that so that she will feel more comfortable rather than having me do it. It does seem that things will follow the status quo for now but the only difference other than the bathing is that I will have them on call for anything that might come up at any time of the day. This relieves a little stress but heightens the stress of it all coming to it's eventual end which seems a little closer now. 

     I just wanted to share with you the pork loin I made last week because I was kind of proud of it. Nothing special in the cooking of it, it just came out perfect, so here it is.



     You can't believe just how good that was. I managed to make 3 meals out of it. I cut down my normal portions because I was eating carbs this week. I won't know the effects weight wise until tomorrow morning, but I feel fine and nothing really changed. I will start a fast tonight until Tuesday morning to kick off another 28 day cycle. 

     Last year Dave Grohl and Greg Kurstin sat down and did cover songs of jewish artists for Hanukkah. This year they are doing it again, the only difference is that I've slacked on watching them so we are going to watch the first one together as Favorite Thing of the Week. They do a song or two for each night of Hanukkah so let's just enjoy. 


    Ok, that was clearly Stay by Lisa Loeb. I was not expecting Dave dressed as Lisa, nor did I expect the death metal growl, which made the whole thing pretty epic. I of course recommend you go through and watch each night which I'm about to do now. I think they are on night 6 which leaves 2 more videos to come out from this years series. Ok, there was no delay for you, but I just watched a few more of the nights and you have to get to the Barry Manilow cover. It's exactly what I didn't know I needed in my life and I'm pretty sure you need it as well. It's night 3 so don't skip ahead, but enjoy the ride to what will be a version that truly amazes you.

     I think that is all I have this week. I'm sure I thought about more than this during the week, but it's just not hitting me right now, so I'm going to call it a post. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment