Tuesday, February 21, 2017

ICON, Podcasts, And Love.

     The leather jacket has arrived. It showed up yesterday, and it is perfect. It's an ICON Sanctuary jacket. It came with a little added bonus that I didn't know about. It has a full quilted sip out lining in it. Unlike my other ICON jacket, this lining goes all the way to the wrist, so it will be perfect on those cold days, which don't seem to be anywhere in sight. The 10 day forecast is showing lower 70's as the lowest high temperature, and it may get into the upper 50's on a few of those days. It has a couple of zippered vents for those warmer days, but I don't think it is going to be all that breathable, but that really isn't what I wanted it for. I wanted a cool weather jacket, and this truly fits the bill. It fits a little on the large side, which is perfect, because I could wear a hoody under it, on those very rare, really cold days. I'll get some test ride time in it this weekend.
     This should be very visible to cars. If they can't see me now, then they are blind and shouldn't be on the road anyway. The inside of the ICON logo is made of a textile mesh, so that is some of the venting, along with those small triangular spots just below it. The cuffs have two way sippers, so that you can keep it sipped up snug but open it up for venting through the sleeve. That is pretty much all the venting that is on it. Like I said, not very breathable, but that is exactly what I wanted. It also has D3O armor in the elbows, shoulders, and spine.

     I did do some thinking today about what I could do to Saki next. I know I said that with the new exhaust I was basically done, but there are still other things that can be done. I think the next big thing I will do, is under lighting. I found a kit that is programmable with my phone, and has an added safety feature of the lights turning all red when you hit the brakes. That will be an added bonus when I'm riding at night. There is one problem though. I believe that those lights are illegal in Florida, so I will have to make sure that there is a shut off switch that is with it, or, I can possibly do it with the phone. Here is an example of what they would look like. 
     The kit I was looking at had all the colors in the rainbow, and you could even make them pulse to what ever music was playing on your phone. I don't know if I will use that feature, but it's fun to know that I could. I'll have to look into the laws on it, and all that, I have time though, I don't plan on doing that for a few months.

     The Howard Stern show has been on vacation for last week and this one, so I decided to try out a few new podcasts. I listened to the new ones today, and so far, I like them. The first one was a motorcycle oriented podcast called 2 Enthusiasts. It was pretty interesting. There were two of them up for today. The first one discussed the motorcycle industry as a whole, and the recent shutdown of Victory Motorcycles. They had a lot of good insight on the whole matter. The second one was an interview with the CEO of AMA Pro Racing, Michael Lock. He was there promoting Flat Track racing. If you haven't seen a Flat Track race, you should give it a try. They are full of excitement. He mentioned that they either will be airing or are airing Thursday nights on NBCSN which is NBC's sports network. I'll check into it this Thursday and see if there is anything on. the first race of the season is coming up in Daytona, on March 16th, and it will be the first time that a Flat Track race will be held in the Daytona Speedway. They are putting the track right in the middle of the famous Daytona Tri-oval. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I'm going to give it a try. This is the first year that Indian Motorcycles is putting a team of riders in the races. This will be like the old days of Indian vs. Harley-Davidson. Harley is touting the #1 rider in Flat Track, but that guy one that #1 plate riding a Kawasaki last year. It should be fun and good for the sport over all.

    The next podcast I listened to, was Lena Dunham's podcast called Women of the Hour. There was only 1 up for today, and I think it was the last one of her season. It was really good. As you may have guessed, it is about women, and this particular one, was about aging. It was very smart, insightful, and down right funny at times. Lena loves self deprecating humor, and she will always take the piss out of herself whenever she can, but don't let that make you thing this isn't a serious podcast. It is definitely a feminist podcast, and it is very well done. If you are up for something a little different, give it a try. You may just find that you like it.

     The third and final podcast of the day was Anna Farris is Unqualified. There were two of those up for today. They had Charlie Day as the guest on the first one, and Bob Odenkirk as the guest on the second one. It's a fun little podcast. Anna does certain little segments where she plays a ditzy woman that is trying to come on to the guest, and he has to try to talk his way out of it somehow. It was interesting to hear. Charlie Day was very nice about it, and Bob Odenkirk was trying to get away as soon as he could. it was great. At the end of each one, they take call listeners. This is where the unqualified part comes into play. They are preplanned in that the listener has sent in a topic they want to talk about, and they now that Anna is going to call them. From the two podcasts I heard today, they seem to ask about relationship type stuff, and Anna and the guest try to give that person the best advice that they can give. I have to say, that I thought the advice was pretty solid. I would have given the same advice if that person was asking me.

     I'll see how these go over the next few weeks. I have thrown out a bunch of podcasts that I liked at first, but then they began to grate on me. Fitzsimmons and Proops have been the ones that I always listen to. They have done no wrong, so it will be fun to see if these new ones, can cut the mustard. I did add The Nerdist in there not too long ago, and it is doing pretty well, so it may just be a mainstay as well.

     I've been a fan of Lana Del Ray for some time now. I admit, I didn't get it at first, but then I saw the iTunes concert that she did in London a couple of years ago, and it just connected with me. I understood it all once I saw her live on iTunes. She has a sort of retro 60's appeal. A freer time if you will. She has that hippie vibe, but it is twisted with a little vagabond biker, and debutante good looks. He voice is what I would call heavenly. It just relaxes you when you hear her sing. So, what does all this mean? It means that we are at this weeks Favorite Song of the Week. Lana just released a new song, and the video showed up in my subscriptions yesterday, so I share it with you today. Here is Lana Del Ray with "Love".



     It's about that time again, and by that, I mean time for bed. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment: