Thursday, February 2, 2017

What Do You Want, A Rubber Biscuit?

     I don't have much for you tonight, so let's get to what I didn't do on Tuesday night. That would be Favorite Song of the Week. I did leave it out on Tuesday, and that was part forgetfulness, and part planned. I just didn't think that it fit in with what I had to say, and by the time I got to where it would have gone in, I simply forgot about it.

      I did have a song picked out, but it isn't just one song. I've been on this LP kick lately, if you haven't noticed. Last week towards the end of the week, she released two videos for songs that kind of bookend the "Lost On You" video. It is supposed to tell a completely story with the two new videos being the before and after the LOY video. The first video is from her EP Death Valley. The song is "Other People". The lyrics tell the story of a scorned lover, that is moving on. the video tells the same story, but you can get lost in the visual and forget who is the scorned lover. Here is "Other People".


     The second video is the end of it all, and you can see where everything has brought you to this moment. It's a bit cheeky, but I guess that is where you have to go when the situation gets to a point. This is a new song, that she hasn't released yet, or at least I haven't found it anywhere other than Youtube. I give you "Tightrope".



     Other than that, I don't have much else. I did learn a finger picking exercise in ukulele class tonight. It comes from a piece of music called Leyanda. The piece I got is not that difficult but is challenging for me. I did manage to get through it on the six string. The full piece of music is rather beautiful, and you get a small taste of it in the part I'm playing. Here is a video of a woman named Ana Vidovic playing the full piece.



     The first minute or so, is the part that I learned. No, I cannot play it anywhere near that fast. I don't even understand that fast right now, but I did get through the fingering of the notes, at a very slow pace. I think I will just practice until my fingers bleeds so that I can play it like this talented lady above does.

     The title of tonights post just came to me, and it makes absolutely no sense. I will give you points if you can tell me what its is from though. With that in mind, peace in and goodnight.

   

2 comments: