Thursday, February 23, 2017

I'm Tired And I Want To Go To Bed.

     I am really tired tonight, so this might be short. I decided to do something stupid. I'm going to stretch my lobes ups again. I'm currently at 3/4 of an inch, or 19 mm. I'm going to stretch it up to 7/8 of an inch or 22 mm. That may not seem like a lot, but when it comes to stretching skin, it kind of is. I thought when I went up to 3/4 that I would be happy with it, and I have been for some time now. Much longer than at any other time, but  now, I feel like I have a quest for a full inch. There is one problem though, and that is the second piercing in my left ear. It is pretty snug up to the larger hole, so I really don't have a bunch of room to work with. I have tapers coming, and I'm going to take my time with them this time. I tried to push it too fast last time, and I ended up with an infection in my left ear. It sucked, and I don't want to do that again. This time, I'm going to stretch them over a week or so, instead of a couple of days. That should let the skin stretch at a much easier rate, and hopefully not blow out on that left ear between the two holes. I'll let you know how it all goes.

     I have an update on the under lighting for Saki. A friend of mine contacted me, and thought that it was legal in Florida, but that you couldn't have blue lights. That prompted me to look it up, and I found out that she was right, but that you also couldn't have red lights either. This could present a problem. You might remember that I said that the kit I was looking at, turned red when you hit the brakes. The reason for the no blue or red lights, is because those are the lights used my emergency vehicles. I'm hoping that since I don't sit with my foot or hand on the brake when I'm at a light, that it will only look like my brake light is really bright when it is pressed. I'll know for sure if I get pulled over for it. There might also be a way to disable that through the phone, or I just want route it through the brake wires. I'm sure that question will be answered when I finally get it, and install it.

     In ukulele class tonight, we were working on an older AFI song, called "Miss Murder". I"Ve been getting the finger picking techniques pretty well, and this song is only power chords. I mention that, because I am terrible at power chords. Power chords are generally just two strings, and I can't seem to be able to strum two strings at all. I either hit 3 or maybe 4 strings, and when I do only hit 2 strings, I hit them to slow, and it messes up the sound. Instead of one stead chord, I get a  double note. I know that it is going to just take some practice, but it is humbling when you are doing so good at something that should be difficult and then you turn around and suck at the easy thing. I'll get it though, it will just take some time. I can remember when I started, and thinking that I would never be able to get a G chord. Now, I have no problem with that chord as well as many others that I thought were nearly impossible for me at the time. It just takes practice and determination.

     Think about that for a second. With practice and determination, you can achieve things that you once thought impossible. It sounds cliche, but it is true. When I first started playing, I was concerned that I would have to give it up before I even got started. My fingers seemed fat, and unable to do things that I wanted them to. After a few weeks, those simple things that were so hard for me to do, became a little easier. With more time, those things became second nature, and I don't even think about how hard it once was. With each new lesson, comes a new challenge. From those challenges we become stronger in whatever it is that we are working at. Bring on those challenges. With enough time, I will beat them all. Go out and challenge yourself. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a strong willed young man. Love the way you challenge yourself

    ReplyDelete