Sunday, January 28, 2018

Getting Things Done.

     I just finished editing the new video for the Counterfeit Squirrel channel, so it won't be a part of today's post, but I do have a short video for you. I've been working on The Pepperoni Report all weekend, and I still haven't finished the things I need to get done. The good news is, that I have plenty of time to get the last thing completed for the video part of it.

     The video I have for you, is the channel trailer for the brand spanking new The Pepperoni Report YouTube channel. Yep, I went ahead and added the new channel, so that will be an entity all of it's own. I also created an Instagram for it. You can find it right here. I only have two pictures up right now but that will grow as we eat more pizzas. We are gonna get fat. Anyway, back to the video. I had to do some testing with the cameras in the car, and I'm ok with the audio, but it could be better. I'm not ready to pay for a new mic adaptor and a new mic just for the car, so for now it is what it is, and we will just have to speak up. You won't see any of that car stuff in the channel trailer. For the simple reason, that my partner wasn't in the car with me. He did however show up for some pizza eating while I was getting some shots for the trailer. Good thing too, because I was going to go out with him on Wednesday so that we could get the shots involving him. We got it all done yesterday.

     I did manage to kill two birds with one stone, and made the video for CS while I was doing the testing. I used the in car stuff to explain what was going on with the PR, so you will be looking at my ugly mug for this one. I know, I nearly broke the camera, but GoPros are pretty tough, so it managed to not explode. I added in some clips of the pizzas and use taking our first bites, so there is that awkwardness as well. I'm currently uploading it to YouTube right now, so it will be ready for Tuesday's blog post. In the meantime, enjoy the new channel trailer for The Pepperoni Report.



     I also wrote a little update blog piece on the PR as well, so if you want to check that out, just go right here. So far we have a list of places to visit in our very own county that sits at 79. That's a lot of places, and I'm sure that we don't have all of them yet, not to mention what might pop up while we are doing this whole thing. Right now, we are at one a month, but I think that is going to have to change in the near future.

     My partner already has visions of grandeur. He is already looking very far ahead, and how we will be traveling to a city near you, to try your favorite pizza places. If this ends up being somewhat successful, I can see that happening, but for right now, I just want to get the first review done and posted. I'll see where it goes from there.

     I had planned on putting together a little arts and crafts project that is going to be a port of the video element for the PR, but I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and ended up playing it until 4 in the morning. I finally got past the part that I was stuck on, and yes, I had to break down and lower the difficulty in order to do it. It was still really hard. I was finally able to move forward and see more of the story, which is just wonderful. I thought that would be the end of the game as well, but it's beginning to look like I still have quite a ways to go. After that, I still had another crazy difficult part to get through, and then they tell me that I have another crazy difficult part to get through. This game is so fun, and the story is absolutely superb.

     Well, I have to get going. I have to go and write the description for the new video, and add all the links. I have a bunch of them too. Not only do I have the normal 3 that I put in for the CS stuff and Epidemic Sound, but I have to put in all the links for the PR as well. That includes the blog, YouTube channel, and Instagram page. Lots of fun. I'll have that video for you on Tuesday, but you can always go check it out tomorrow on the old YouTube if you want. No rule against seeing it early. Don't forget to go check out that channel at instagram and of course the blog as well. I'm still thinking about monetizing it, and haven't done it yet, but once I do, we can start bringing in that money for new gear, and charity. The YouTube channel is going to have further to go for that, as I said last week sometime, you need 1000 subscribers in a year, and 4000 hours of watched content. That is a lot of content. Wish us luck. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment: