Tuesday, October 22, 2019

She's A Redhead Now

     I'm so out of the habit of writing, that I nearly forgot to write this tonight. Today got weird with my mom. It started out great. Had breakfast went to see The Addam's Family movie, which was really fun, and she enjoyed it, and then got home and had a simple dinner. Very soon after dinner was when she began to deteriorate. Out of nowhere, she started talking about how her son has left her and doesn't want anything to do with her. I think she got tired very early today and that was the cause, plus our routine was disrupted by going to the movie. She went to sleep after her tea, and then woke up out of nowhere and came out to ask who she was. I told her and she thanked me, because she wasn't sure who she was anymore. That's a scary experience right there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

     Baby Girl Gauge had her follow up appointment to remove the bandages and her drains. They said the incision and stitches looked great and she is healing well. The redressed her bandages and she is due back tomorrow morning. She hasn't had much of an appetite, but this morning was a little better. She is currently snoring in the other chair in the living room where I am. It's funny and cute.


     She has been such a trooper through this whole thing. I'm not sure if she can't hear because of all the bandages, or if she is completely deaf at this point. I will have to wait and see once she is healed.

     Oh, I forgot to mention something the other night. I did write about it in the latest article for the website which went up today. I also found that Tuesday releases aren't optimal. Anyway, I began drinking some Earl Grey tea each morning. I'm not a coffee drinker, and coffee is one of the best sources of polyphenols. I had to find an alternate source, so Earl Grey was the way to go. EG also has caffeine in it. Since I started the 100 day challenge I have had no caffeine of any kind. EG only has a very small amount compared to the sodas I was drinking, and it managed to really affect me. I got super jittery and was bouncing off the walls. It was wild. How do you coffee drinkers handle that?

     I got this delivered today, and it was a surprise. For one, the tracking on it said it wouldn't be here until the 24th, and for another, it isn't due to be released until the 25th. I'm pretty sure I have spoken about Sun Warrior and their products before, and when they sent an email about pre-ordering their newest Clean Keto, I jumped on it. I also had a ton of points with them and managed to get it for half the cost.


     This is a protein powder that was developed by them to have perfect keto macros. For those of you not in the know, macros is short for macro nutrients which are: carbs, proteins, and fats. The standard macros on keto are 5% carbs 25% protein, and 70% fat. The Tropical Vanilla flavor has those exact, and their chocolate version is just a smidge off. I wanted to try their vanilla since I already enjoy their chocolate flavor Warrior Blend, which is their other keto friendly protein powder. When I got done with my evening workout, yes I did my cardio at the end, and waited for my cool down. Oh, I should explain my cool down. I basically relax and let my heart rate lower before I consume anything of substance. I can have water or my ACV drink, which I have every morning after my morning cardio, but no food or shakes until my heart rate falls to my average, which is now around 62 beats per minute. Yeah, remember when my resting heart rate was in the mid to upper 90's? That's a thing of the past, and yes it is due to keto. Anyway, I was dying to try this powder, and once I was settled I gave it a try. This is a bit unusual in that you need 2 scoops with 10 ounces of water. Their other powders, only have 1 scoops for 10 to 16 ounces of water. I was a little worried it was going to be thick and chalky, but it was far from it. It had a taste similar to a piná-colada. It had a consistency similar to milk, with that wonderful flavor. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to having it again. That probably won't be until the weekend. I will be adding it to my morning mix. I think I mentioned that I go from the Warrior Blend, to the WB with Collaged mixed in, to the Quest powers that I have. I like to mix it up, and since I have a few options, why not keep it crazy.

     Enough about me. I know what you are really here for, and it's Favorite Song of the Week. This one is from a legend in music. He is my mom's favorite artist, and from time to time I put his music on, because it brings her joy, so why not share with you, what I think is his greatest song. This is all subjective and what I think is his greatest song may not be what you think is his greatest song, but I don't care what you think, I'm writing this and what I say goes. Really, I could chose form a dozen or more songs and each one could be his greatest songs, that is how prolific this artist is. yes is. He is still writing music today. Ok I'll get to it already. It's non other than Sir Elton John. Good ol' Reg is my mom's favorite artist, and what can I say, she has great taste. The man is a phenomenon. Every time people think he is done, he manages to just come out with a new mind bending hit. He has done it for decades and I hope he has a couple more decades in him. It seems that we lose legends far too soon, so it is good to share with you, one that is still with us. So here is, in my opinion, his greatest song of all time. Here is Elton John, with the magical classic "Bennie and the Jets".


     Just timeless. I love that song, an so thankful that I live in the world at the same time as Elton John. Truly one of the greatest of all times.

     I'm going to call it a night. I plan on writing a full review of that Clean Keto and put it up the day before it is supposed to be released to the public. That will be Thursday, so keep an eye out for that in the mean time, peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment