Thursday, October 31, 2019

Gardens, Hawks, And Prints.

     All the latest news worth printing. I really had no other way to open this post, so I went with that. Anyway, my mom's improvement continues. She is more aware each day, but there can be some stumbles. It usually happens when someone calls during her meal. She will stop to talk, and not finish her meal, and then refuse to finish her meal, which will almost immediacy bring on her sundowners. It gets bad. That happened tonight, and I somehow convinced her to finish her meal. He awareness continues up until I tuck her in, which was just a few minutes ago tonight. I can tell when she recognizes me, not by her calling me by name or anything like that, but when I tuck her in, and then say goodnight, she will finish up with "I love you". That is something that has only happened recently over the last week. That means that my new dietary plan for her is working out even beyond her doctor giving her the clean bill of health.

     I have on more batch of numbers for the 72 hour fast. I didn't test GKI yesterday morning like I was planning, because there was so much going on, with having to take BGG to get her dressings change. Oh, before I get to the numbers, within a few hours she removed her bandages and I had to put an ACE bandage around her head, to keep her ears clean. I only turned my head for a second, and she had them off. I was furious, but dealt with it. Back to the numbers I did test this morning just before eating, and I was shocked by my numbers. Glucose was 95, which is about normal for me. It will go up a few points, or down to 89 on an average day. The ketone level was the big shock. I pulled a 2.4, which is outstanding. That gave me a GKI of 2.2 which means I was still in high therapeutic ketosis. Which might explain why I weighed in at extol 150 this morning. I had expected to gain back the majority of the weight I lost during the fast, which is what normally happens. You go from completely empty stomach to eating food that will retain water and you gain back all that water weight. That means that I truly lost body fat with this fast. There is still the fact that I really won't know the extent of this fast for another two days or so. That is when my body will level off and hit a norm. I'll let you know on Sunday If I have officially hit my goal of 150, which I'm already feeling is going to go to 145, and then I will begin maintenance and working on solely losing body fat. It can be done, and I will write about it on my site.

     Me and the moms went to get more plants today, and I'm really excited about them. I did get a flowering plant for the secret garden, but I also got a fruit and a veggie plant, with plans for many more. Here is the current look of the garden.





























     If you remember the picture from the other night, the pink flower on the top right is new. It's another shade flower, so it will do great right there, but that isn't the exciting part. I also got a strawberry plant and some brussel sprouts.


     The strawberries won't produce until June, but when it does, I'm going to have the freshest strawberries ever for my Breakfast Salad. This plant will also produce runners that I can replant and expand my strawberry empire. 


     I replanted the strawberry plant into a grow bag and it is ready to go. I have 11 more of those grow bags. They were recommended to me by a buddy of mine, that has been growing his own for some time. They don't hold the moisture in and drown the plant like a pot will. I'm going to do the Brussel sprouts in a couple of days. They will hopefully produce sometime near spring. I'm super excited about the whole grow your own thing, and I can't wait to taste the fruits of my labors. I don't expect that these plants will feed me solely, but they will put a dent in my grocery bills. Think about it. $3 plants could give me, at the very least a few meals worth of food. Strawberries are around $6 a tub, and brussel sprouts are about the same for a pound. If I can get a few pounds from each of these, the sprouts are a 4 pack, then I saved about $40. Not great, but not bad either. There is always the potential that they produce more. It doesn't get much more organic and fresh that coming out of your own backyard. I really wish I would have started this sooner, but I didn't know anything about growing then, and I only know a very small amount now, so YouTube recommendations are going to look like the Home & Garden channel for a while. 

     Oh, when we were leaving the house to go plant shopping, I happened to spot something in my tree in the front yard. I heard a familiar sound the other day and knew a certain something was in the area, I just didn't know it would be hanging out in my tree. I give you, Hawk. I couldn't believe it when I looked up in the tree and saw him just hanging out there. I have always had a love for hawks, and you may remember the time I saved a youngster in my backyard. I did wonder if this was that youngster coming back to his home territory. I have no idea what happened to that one, but I would really love to believe that that is him right over there. Although this one looks to be fully grown, no white fluff, it looks on the smallish size compared to the one I saved. That one was this size but not fully grown. It had young feathers, but it could have reached it's size before losing it's chick fluff. I'll be keeping my eye out, to see if this one sticks around. It could have a nest near by, but I loved that it was hangin in my tree.

     I opened up Instagram today, and got the surprise and thrill of a lifetime. My favorite artist is offering up a print of a portrait of one of my all time favorite singers. That's right Llewellyn is at it again. He offered up a free portrait of Eleven from Stranger Things yesterday, and then today he offered up Bowie from Legend. I did pass on Eleven, but I couldn't pass on Bowie.


     He offers it for free, but he legally has to charge something for it, so it actually costs a dollar with $12 shipping. It is way worth it. I'm trying to think of a way that I can put it up on the Emek wall with the Silver Starman print. I will have to find some way to balance it. I just can't put it along side of it and have nothing on the other side. I'll figure it all out. Oh, and this is one of the largest free prints he has offered. It is 9x7, which is about the size of a sheet of paper. A smallish piece of paper but a piece of paper non the less. If you want one for yourself, you can follow this link. to get your own. It's only $13 and it is awesome. You have nothing to lose on this. It will take some time to get to you. He is notorious for taking his time getting the prints together, then packaging them and then shipping them out. I just got the email today that my free Obama print is going in the mail tomorrow. He is an artist, and artist aren't organized, but he does get them to you, and you will love it. The first print I bought from him took nearly a year to get to me. This was a full sized and full priced print, and I'm lucky to have it at the price I paid, because his prints are normally in the thousands now, and I only paid a couple hundred. I still have it rolled up in its tub. I will eventually get a frame and hand it, but I have to find the right wall and maybe hang up all of his prints that I have. That would be pretty epic, to have a Llewellyn wall. It will happy.

     That's it for tonight, have a Happy Halloween. I'm going to try to find something spooky to watch and then go to bed early, so that I can wake up and do my cardio way before any normal person is up. Peace in and have a spooky goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment