Thursday, May 7, 2020

Oh The Frustration

     Today has been the day of constant chatter. I'm having my first moment of peace since the moms woke up this morning. It has been non stop bickering with herself, and it is both frustrating and mind numbing.

     This is the new twist. She has the normal back and forth conversations, but at some point, she gets annoyed by herself and begins arguing and raising her voice to herself, and then it becomes a tempest of insults to each other. That's when I get dragged into it, and when I refuse to take a side and try to stay out of it, then the vitriol comes my way. It is truly maddening. I was hoping that a car ride would calm things down, but it was for not. It stirred up a conversation about the car ride and then an argument about who was on the car ride, and then them telling each other to shut up and stop taking credit for what the other was doing.

     The good news today, is that I was up at 4:30. Managed to get everything I wanted to do in those morning hours and even fell back to sleep after my meditation. I got a good hour and half extra nap time in during that time. After rising from that nap, I had about another hour before she rambled out of her bedroom talking to herself about getting food.

     That gets to the new old thing she is doing. She is back to trying to feed the other person and putting the food on a ledge where I normally don't find it until hours later, but I've been on top of it this time, and went over and put it back on her plate. She did mange to finish breakfast, as well as lunch, but dinner remains a massive struggle. I have her bowl of pork fried rice (cauliflower) sitting on the stove right now, waiting for her to come back out complaining that she hasn't eaten all day. I will then reheat that and give it to her, and she will complain about it being already eaten. It's an endless cycle.

     Ok, enough of that, It's garden time. I got a picture of a Sunrise Bumblebee on the plant, but that tomato is no longer there, because Morty ate it and pulled half the plant down getting it. I wanted to strangle him.


     I was going to wait until those others around it ripened up, but it is not to be.  I'm going to have to start keeping a close eye on him again. He hasn't raided the other plants lately, but it's only a matter of time. I have several of them with good sized tomatoes on them, and they are going to be ready soon, which means Morty will think they are his snack aisle of the grocery store that is my backyard. I worry incessantly about the Atomic Grapes which are very low to the ground, and look like they are starting to ripen up. If he eats those, I may have to disown him. Not really, but I will put him in the house without dinner that day.


     It's pepper time now, and this is all about the beauty of these little demons. The first is the Purple UFO. It's in the early stages of turning red, and although the deep purple is really pretty, this is when that pepper really starts to shine.


     The next is the Yellow Fever, which is getting downright scary. It is a very big pod, and the heat level is supposed to be up with some of the hottest in the world. I've promised to make a video and do a pod review for this one when it's ready, so I really need to get my heat game back up, cause this one is going to bring it.


     The golfball is there for size comparison, and because the description said that they normally get to be golfball size. As you can see, these are bigger, and with that blistering on the skin, they are obsoletely evil looking. No, the blistering has nothing to do with the capsaicin being extremely hot, it's just the way the pepper was bred to look. It would be neat though, and there really is a correlation to what the outer skin looks like for hotter peppers. That being said, I have some Aji Fantasies that aren't the hot, but have a very wrinkly texture to them.

     I finally have some small but decent looking habaneros. It only took the whole fall, winter and spring for them to finally show their tasty little heads. I should be picking these this weekend and enjoying them. I hope they have some good heat.



     Last of the pepper pictures for the night are the Sugar Rush Peach. I finally have some that are living up to their names. I picked the others just a little too soon, so it's going to be fun to see how they taste versus the others that I've had. You can really see the peach color in the ones that are ripe too.



          When these are ripe, they are supposed to be some of the most flavorful peppers there are. I already liked the ones that I had, but I might not even had the full extent of that flavor, so I'm pretty excited about these.

     One more garden picture, then I will leave you to your time. I also got some series TV viewing to get in before I go to bed. This is some garlic that I planted from a clove that I got at the grocery store. I had another one sprout on me and I got it to form some roots by soaking it in water for a few days, but when I planted it in a pot with some soil, Morty found it and ate the entire thing. I got a little more wise this time, and put the pot on the windowsill where he can't get to it, and when it's ready for a new home, it will go in the front yard were Morty's dare not tread.


     It doesn't look like much now, but with some TLC I'm going to have fresh garden grown garlic in the near future. Alright, I'm out of here. I hope you have a restful weekend, I know I won't, but I'll make the most of it. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment