Sunday, May 3, 2020

A Whole Lot Of Something

     It's been a very up and down weekend. Last night the moms was up talking at the top of her voice arguing with herself about who was where and why did they lose to girls from the group. This is all part of the madness of dementia. She believes she is part of a group of women that live here now, and lately she has been losing them. Today was a bit different, in that she got mad at one of them for mimicking her, and taking credit for things she did. She told me before she went to bed (we'll see how long that lasts) to keep an eye out for her and not to believe anything she says, and that she is trying to make her look bad. It's very strange.


     Yeah, I'm getting into the garden pictures early. These are Yellow Fever peppers, and they are supposed to be super hots. The look of them alone should be enough to scare you. These are some of the gnarliest peppers that I've grown so far, and they still have to ripen before they are ready. They are big too. They are somewhere between a golfball and a handball. Anyone remembers handballs. They are slightly smaller than a racquet ball. It's going to be one mean pod.


     The bonnets are coming along nicely and I expect to be eating some of them this week on burgers. I may just snack on one or two of them by themselves. I'm feeling the need for heat. I had to scurry around looking for some hot ones yesterday when I got three way too mild ones when I wanted that burn. The red starfish didn't let me down though. I spared the bonnets.


     These are Puerto Rican Yellows. How cool are they? They look like arrowheads, and they have that wonderful brown to green coloring on them. I'm really hoping this is a good pepper, cause this plant is loaded with them. I'd say there are around 50 pods on the plant. They better be good.


     Final garden shot. I finally planted the Kew Blue in the ground, and it seems to be thriving. I just love this flower, and there are so many buds coming up behind theses flowers that it's insane. I'm kind of hoping that this plant will take over the flower garden. The plant next to it (which I can't remember what it is, but it has pretty pink flowers) is thinning out because of the heat, so if it goes, I want the Kew to take over it's area. Not a bad replacement.


     This is how I spent a good portion of my morning, and I must say Pittie snuggles are the best way to start a morning.

     Two show alerts. First Netflix, where there is a wonderful show created by Mindy Kaling called Never Have I Ever. It follows an young Indian woman navigating her way through life, and kind of failing in a funny way. It is wildly entertaining and I watched the whole series in a day, minus the first episode which I watched a couple of nights earlier. It's narrated by John McEnroe, which makes it ever funnier, because it makes no sense that he is the narrator for a teen girl. I'm telling you, it's funny.

     The second is a show coming to Quibi. I did tell you about Quibi right. If I didn't I'm sorry, cause you missed out on the 90 day free trial, but if you sign up for the app now, you get a two week trial, and they have Reno 911 coming to that service. It looks like the entire cast came back for this, so you Goldberg's fans, Wendi Maclendon Covey is reprising her role. That will be the first show I watch tomorrow morning. They also have a reboot of Punk'd and a Sam Raimi horror show called 50 States of Fear, and yes the Oldsmobile is in the show. It did take me a couple of days, but you can watch it in landscape on your phone, but if you don't, they have some sort of algorithm or something that when you are watching in portrait mode, it changes the focus of the view, so that what is the main image in the frame is what you are supposed to be looking at. It's rather impressive, but since I stumbled onto the fact that it was shot in landscape and not with a phone, I turn my phone sideways now. Either way you do it, it's a fun app with quick bits of 10 minutes or less. Yes Quick bits is where the name came from.


     Last photo. This was my Covid look today. Pepper mask, sunglasses and Bowie. I was speaking with a one of the greatest people in the world on Friday, who just happened to call me out of the blue to check in on me, and we were talking about how the mask is going to be a main part of our going out wardrobe for the foreseeable future. I plan on making it a fashion statement, and I have a hoard of masks coming, and looking at getting even more. Listen, my goal is that I don't have to wear a mask all the time, but I will from now on, whenever I'm sick, to not spread anything, but for the time being, the Covid virus is still out there, and whether I've had it or not, I'm still acting like I could spread it ro it could spread to me. The sad thing is, that the vast majority of people aren't doing the same, so this virus is going to last a very long time, which means I will be sporting  mask and not going anywhere to stay with large groups until it is truly safe. Follow my Instagram @counterfeitsquirrel for my Covid Casual looks. Whenever I have to go out, I will be posting a picture of what I'm wearing. It's a fun way of dealing with a crappy situation. Wear your masks people, the more people that do, the sooner this virus will run itself out. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment