Thursday, March 9, 2017

Finally, A Picture Of The Taper.

     Ok, this will be the last I talk about my ear for a while. I finally got a picture of the taper that I rammed through my ear. I put a pair of normal tweezers next to it, so you can judge the size.
That should give you a pretty good idea of size. 

     This is one of those nights, were I really have nothing to talk about. I'm sure that at some point today, I had some ideas, that ran through my head, but it appears that they have run through my head and then kept going. I guess that would make this a really good time to post the first two paragraphs of my story, and see what you think about them. Do I stick with this beginning or move on to something else? I think the biggest problem is, that I don't fully see the character in my head yet. I'm fighting with myself on whether this character is male or female. I kind of see a male character, but the idea of a female character being in a role that would predominantly be held by a male is intriguing to me. I guess I'm still mulling the whole thing over. I'm only giving you the first two paragraphs. The title will remain secret for now. Once I have it all figured out, and have it written, then I will know if this is a short story or novel length. Actually I will have a pretty good idea if it is novel length once it meanders past short story length.

       I got off the Greyhound bus in Cocoa Florida. My next destination was a little known place by the name of the Neptune Hotel. I’d heard about it from an artist friend of mine. He said it was like an artist commune where all types came together and just created. I had been working as a journalist for the past fifteen years, and I’ve had my fill of bylines and deadlines. 

I’ve always wanted to write, and journalism was my chosen path, but it hasn’t been fulfilling to me. I got to write, but I was telling other peoples stories, and not creating stories of my own. When I heard about the Neptune Hotel, I saw it as a sign from angels. They were telling me that there was another path I could take. One that would lead me down a road that I not only chose, but created. I put in my resignation, sublet my apartment and emptied my bank account.

    There you have it. Give me your honest thoughts on it. I already corrected a couple of things that I already saw that were wrong, and I can see other changes that need to be made, but I'll let this stand for you to read for now. I may be able to use this as a base line and work around and through it to make it more suitable to me. I think I've already made up my mind on it, but another opinion won't hurt. Let me have it.

     I just remembered a couple of small things to talk about. I got the heat gun in today, so I will most likely put the new tank pad on Saki tomorrow. I've only given Saki hints about what I have for it, so don't tell Saki anything. 

     Saturday a couple of things are happening. I go in for the new tattoo at 11:30 Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it here or not, but a find tattoos to be rather cathartic. I find them to be rather relaxing. Even the two on my ribs, although very painful, had those moments of just taking me away into a meditative space. I know that may be hard to believe, but I've always felt that way when getting jabbed with those needles. I'll post a picture of that as well on Sunday. You can watch on my Instagram for a picture there on Saturday once it is finished. Hell, I may even do a Instagram story if my artist gives me clearance to use video tape him. That could be kind of fun.

     Lastly, is a party that I am invited to on Saturday night. It's a birthday party for a friend of mine's wife. I was invited to a family and close friends dinner before, but I don't know if my tattoo will be done in time for that. After that though, there is a get together at a bar. Mind you, I sill haven't had a drink in now over 8 weeks, and even though I said I was considering writing the new story in bars, I'm not ready to drink again yet. I'm going to have to be creative to not drink at this party. First, I'm riding Saki, so that I already have that built in excuse, and secondly, I'm just going to drink soda all night. I was already planning on doing that anyway, so Saki is just the cherry on top. I'm going to prove to everyone that I can still be the fun guy without the booze. I'll let you know how everything goes. Until then, peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I read those paragraphs in a film noir type voice. If that was your intent, spot on! If not, I thought you'd like to know the tone it sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is written in a single narrative which is very much a film noir type of style. I still feel that something is missing from the opening though. I'll figure it out.

      Delete