Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Red, Purple, Hall & Oates.

     I have a few pictures for you tonight. First up, is Saki of course. I said that I would have pictures that showed off the Custom Taylor 33 rim tape a little better. These show off just how bright the reflect light when it is dark. They were taken in the garage at night, with very little light present, except for the flash of my camera.
You can see how all the reflective parts are reflecting quite well. The red really pops at night, and that was the ultimate goal. the little bonus is how great the wheels look now.

     This next picture is the one of the necklace that I bought at the Pow Wow. I've only gotten the chance to wear it once so far, but it will get plenty of neck time in the future. I mentioned before that this is a representation of the stature called "End of the Trail". I got this for a couple of different reasons. The first being that it was the only one of it's kind that I saw, and the other is that I am a freak for purple. I know, by looking at Saki, you would think that I love the color red, but that isn't so. Purple is my favorite color, and that little purple stone in the center of that pendant drew my attention. For some reason, I couldn't get a real good shot of it, It is a bit blurry and the purple doesn't pop as much as it does in person, but I really like it, and that is all that matters.

     Let's talk a little about the future. I'm heading to the Dali this weekend for one last look at the Frida Kahlo exhibit. I'm also taking my friend that I went to the Pow Wow with. She has never been to the Dali, so this is going to be a real fun trip for me. I love exposing people to that place. It truly is a wonder. I will get some pictures of it for Sundays post. They allow some photography in the galleries, but I will reserve all my photos for the outside areas. Trust me, they are marvelous as well. The architecture is as if Dali had designed the building himself. There are several things to take pictures of in the garden outside the back of the museum, and you will see it right her on Sunday night, or I'm guessing that you will be reading it some time on Monday. I really need to figure out if I can change the timing of the email subscription delivery.

     I haven't really decided which weekend I will take my ride to the Navy SEAL museum yet. It will either be on April 8 or April 15. The month of April is becoming increasingly busy out of nowhere. I finally got a recall notice for my car to get the airbags switched on it. My car is one of the ones affected by the massive Honda airbag recall, and I finally got the official notice to take my car in. I just have to find the right Saturday to do that. So I will be doing that on one of those Saturdays and the other will be the ride to the museum. Speaking of that ride. I have started doing my research on motovlogging equipment. You need more than just a GoPro to do it right. You also need a good mic and battery pack options. I do have my power bank, which I will probably put to some use, but I'm sure that I'm going to need more than just that. Also, I was thinking of getting another helmet, that would just be used for that. That way, I wouldn't have to take the camera mounts and microphones out of the helmet when I went to work. See, this is how the price piles up on you. That is far off in the future though.

     Today on the Howard Stern Wrap Up Show, they had a special guest come in, and he was part of a very big music group from, let's say 80's. Although their careers have spanned several decades, and you could argue that they had just as big of hits in the 70's as then 80's. The guest was none other than John Oates, of Hall & Oates. Him showing up on that show, led me to listening to a little Hall & Oates after I was finished with that show, and a podcast. Listening to them brought me to this weeks Favorite Song of the Week. If you guessed that it is going to be a song by Hall & Oates, you would be correct, but I think you're going to be surprised by the choice. I love a lot of their songs, but there is one that stands out to me, and it was off of the album Big Bang Boom. This was a defining album of me, because I listened to it constantly. This song, although not the biggest hit on the album, it was my favorite song from it, and I'd like to share it with you now. This is Hall & Oates with "Method of Modern Love".


I've never been asked this, but if I was ever asked the question, If you could have anybodies singing voice, whose would you choose? The plain and simple answer, is Daryl Hall. Wait? Haven't you talked about how much you love Freddie Mercury? Why not his? I have an answer for that as well. Freddie is a god to me. I believe that he was sent here from the ether to entertain us, and he was taken before we could find out the secret that he was a god. Striving for those lofty heights are just not in the cards. Daryl though, is a man, with the voice of a god, and that is a height I can strive for. He sings with such little effort, that it's like he was born to do it, and if he chose any other path in life, he would have eventually  been brought to the path of a singer. That is my opinion, and I thin it's a pretty fair one. If you need any more convincing, just look up Sara Smiles, you won't regret it.

     That is about all I have for tonight. After punish you on Sunday with such a long post, I felt it was only fitting to keep this one short. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. So this was one of my favorite songs/videos when it came out (I was 10). Funny all the references I didn't appreciate at the time -- most especially the blatent Labyrinth rip-offs. But this still makes me smile like a 10 year old.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oed8rUV_wdY

    ReplyDelete