Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Is It A Crystal Ball

     I think I have finally picked the picture for tomorrow. I have gone back and forth a dozen times, and I'm about 98% sure that I have the one. I will be posting it around 11:30 tomorrow on the @CounterfeitSquirrelPhotos Instagram. That is my photography only page, and only pictures from the Canon go on there.

     I'm sure that when I wake up in the morning that I will take another look at the three that it is narrowed down to, and doubt my choice, but I'm pretty solid in my thought that this one is the best picture of the bunch. There are other great shots from the shoot that will take their way onto the Instagram, but only one can be the best.

     I have applied to several jobs now, and have heard nothing from any of them. It has only been a couple of days, so I don't expect to hear from them right away, but doesn't everyone have that dream where you apply and you get the call right away. Two of them are photography based. Nothing intense, but it would be fun and my first choice. Neither of them pay very well, but I don't expect to find anything that will pay me like my last job. Besides, I'm still going to wok on all these other things, and hope that they will eventually pay off.

     I got something in the mail this week. I ordered back around Black Friday. It is from a company that makes a little something that you can use for Photography, and I had hoped to have some pictures with it already, but I have come down with a mild head cold and have stayed inside for the past few days. The company is called Lensball, and they sell a clear glass ball that you can use for some really neat Macro type of photography shots. It's not true Macro, but you shoot it in practically the same way, except you are also trying to get the scene behind it as well. Kind of a two for one shot. I'm really looking forward to bringing you some of those photos in the near future.

     The Lensball is really solid too. It weighs in at just about 2 pounds, and it does hold a warning that you are not supposed to put it in direct sunlight. I have read several reviews of people that tried to get some shots out in direct sunlight and have either  ended up with a fire to contend with, or they burnt their hand on the ball when they picked it up. This is going to be both fun and dangerous. I love it.

     I have neglected to talk about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Season 2 came out last week and I have watched more than half the episodes. I'm trying to hold out until Friday to watch the remaining ones, but I'll most likely watch them tomorrow night. If there was any doubt that the show would suffer the sophomore jinx, they are all alleviated with the very first episode. It is, well to use a word from the title, marvelous. Midge is back and better than ever, while Susie is more funny than last season. If you haven't watched any of it yet, you really need to check it out. It's on Amazon Prime and is one of the only shows I watch on that service.

     Alrighty then, it's time for Favorite Song of the Week. I just heard this song for the first time today, and although I know the featured performers, I had only a glancing knowledge of the headliner. It is a DJ, that does the whole giant mask thing, like Deadmau5. This guy goes by the name Marshmello, and wears a giant marshmellow with eyes on it. Despite all the weirdness, this is a great song, and the imagery behind the song is heartbreaking. After watching a few of his videos today, to learn a little more about him, that seems to be a trend in his videos. He wants to tell a sad story that has some triumph at the end, just as this video does. I give you Marshmello featuring Bastille with "Happier".



     There is a little guest appearance form Miranda Cosgrove of iCarly fame in there. She is the teenage girl that has the first dog. I think she did a really good job in her role. Good song with a great heart touching video to go along with it. If you watch and listen as you do, you start to see the words of the song from a whole other perspective. Let me know if you can see it.

     Ok, it's late for me, and I still have to knock the last of this head cold out, so I'm off to bed. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment