Thursday, December 13, 2018

Ok, Now You Can See If It's A Crystal Ball

     I have been good, and did not watch the remainder of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I'm a go for Friday now. My plans are set in stone and I will watch however more episodes I have left. I think I have 5 more to go, but I'm not completely sure.

     I still haven't heard back from any of the places that I applied to, so I will be looking at other places starting Monday. I won't count on any of them coming through. I'm a dinosaur to the workforce now, and I have to take what I can at some point. I still have plenty of money to carry me for a little while longer. I will let you know if I make it to panic model and that shouldn't be for some time.

     I have been keeping busy in other ways of course. I have been working on photos, writing, and well that is it. I haven't been doing any video creation this week, so it is looking like a two week break from the old YouTube channel. I do have TPR that just went up today, but we can get to that a little later. I did make my decision on what I thought was the best photo of the shoot with Elie, and posted it yesterday. You can see it at this Instagram account Counterfeit Squirrel Photos. It will be the on with the woman on the train tracks. I did post probably my favorite photo of the last photoshoot with Snow today. That will be the one with the woman standing on the railing of a dock. I think they are both great, but I'm a little biased.

     I know I didn't give you anything about what the Lensball actually looked like on Tuesday, and that is because I hadn't taken any photos with it yet. Today I did, and I have one that I'm definitely posting on the Instagram account above, but these other two, they don't quite make the cut for that, so I can share them here, so you can have an idea of what I will be able to do with this big ball of glass.



     Pretty cool right? I promise you that the one I post tomorrow on Instagram is even cooler. I can't wait to try out more things with this, and I have a ton of ideas of how to use it with people, so if you want to have you picture taken with a big ball of glass, then let me know, I would like to do a series of photos with this one particular idea, and all are welcome.

     I have a few more pictures for you. A little over a month ago I saw a short video on Instagram from Grant Gustin. He is the guy that plays Barry Allen (AKA The Flash) on The Flash. He did a collaboration with Bear Walker who is a guy that makes hand crafted skateboards. These boards are incredible. It is a design based on The Flash and Grant signed the first one, and then he signed every 25th one. The run was limited to 250, so all in all Grant signed 11 of them. I love skateboards and had to have one of these. It combined two nerd areas in one thing; skating and comics. I jumped on it fast when it launched. I knew I was in early enough to be within the 50 range. That meant I had a 3 in 50 chance of getting one signed by Grant Gustin. Bear Walker signed all of them, so I was guaranteed his signature. Mine arrived Wednesday, and I pulled it out of the box and flipped it over to see,  and I missed it by 3. I'm not disappointed though. The boards is super cool and even has front and rear lights on it. Here are the pictures so you can see for yourself.








     53 of 250. So close yet so far away. Like I said though, it is so cool I can't be disappointed. I mean, Look at it again. It's magnificent. I haven't even take it out and ridden it yet. I'm still getting over this stupid head cold. I think I'm nearing the end. The worst part is, that they stupid cough I had finally gotten rid of, is now back. I hope it leaves in a timely fashion this time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to riding this little beauty at night. I can't wait to see just how well those lights work out. Oh, they can flash as well. Just a little more safety.

     It is now time for the TPR video. This is the last video (hopefully) with audio issues. They aren't bad, but they bug me. I went to a new mic set-up for the video that comes out in two weeks, and there are no; bumps, bangs, knocks, scrapes, rattles, or anything. Back to the pizza now. This was a little place that had revamped it's pizza. It seems that one brother was running the business, and was trying to go cheap to make money, but that wan't cutting it, so the brother that started all came in and set things straight and this is the result of it.



    This is another one of those videos that I just had fun with when I was editing it. I once again, made the video I wanted to make as opposed to what I thought people would want to see. It made me laugh, and that is really all that matters at this point. I did the same with the next video as well. I changed my approach, kind of like the way I was talking about with photography. I needed to make it fun again, with it being so bad with the views lately. I made videos that if no one watched them, at least I had a blast making it, and enjoyed watching it myself. People will either appreciate that, or they will just not watch. Trust me, it can't be any worse than how it has been going lately. Based on the view count for the video without going to the creator studio to get the exact numbers, this video is doing better than most from the start. Here is the way I look at it. I think based on our followers on Insta, Facebook and YouTube, we should be able to pull 30 views by Sunday. that gets us just past the 72 hour mark, when most videos grab their views. Right now based on the view count on the video itself, we are at 21 views. The view count on the video and the actual view count are different for the first 24 hours. It's something to do with YouTube's algorithm and what not. They put stops in the count in case things start moving fast, so that everything can catch up. We don't really have that type of problem, but it is a YouTube thing regardless. So even though it says 21 on the video it could be more actual views and I can see that in the creator studio. I'll check that when I'm done here though.

     I will post he link to the blog tomorrow around noon, and then my work for that video will be done. One more in the can.

     I'm going to go get some sleep now, and hopefully knock the rest of this cough out of me. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment