Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A Legend Is Gone

     I finally got my van. It felt good to finally put my tools and most of my things in there, so that I don't have to move them back and forth anymore. I still need those proprietary tools to be able to fully do my job, but I've been assured that they are on the way. I guess we will wait and see about that.

     The schedule this week is very odd for me. I'm listed as being on for Saturday, but there is no job for me to do. I have no idea what that means. I'm hoping that the mid-week update will fill in that gap and tell me what I'm doing, so I know how to plan for Saturday. I originally made an appointed to have my car serviced, but I'm going to have to reschedule that, and I would love to do it sooner rather than later. This is another I guess we will wait and see moments.

     I honestly don't have much for you today. There is no Keto update. I will measure my ketone levels tomorrow when I get home, and the next weigh in is on Saturday. The more important thing is, that I feel good and feel that I'm looking better. What that means in a general sense is up for debate. I guess I look more human, instead of a blob. So that's a plus.

     Favorite Song of the Week is from a band I'm sure you will know, since I have featured them here several times. They are non other than Twenty One Pilots, and this song is one that struck me since day one of the release of Trench. This song hits home in so many ways with the way I feel about my own depression and suicidal tendencies. Tyler writes into words what so many don't have an ability to say. I've said something very similar right here in this blog, and I've done it many times. It's always good to get a fresh voice that explains it all in a different way. Listen to the lyrics, and learn from what he is saying. You will see that I have spoke very similarly in the past, and it is a true feeling from someone that goes through depression and suicidal thoughts. Here is Twenty One Pilots with "Neon Gravestones".



     That final verse gets me every time. If you didn't click on the video, please go back and click on it and do as I asked. Listen and learn.

     I can't let this post end without the mention of Tim Conway. He was the funny man that brought life to so many unique characters. I've talked of my love for Carol Burnett, and her show. Tim Conway was one of the people on that show and he was truly amazing. They all had goals on that show to make each other break (cause to laugh during the skit). No one accomplished that feat more than Tim Conway. He would create elaborate plans that he would hold secret until they came together on the live taping. He brought smiles to so many people faces with his humor. One of the first movies I remember seeing, was with Tim Conway and one of the other great funny men of that time. It was called The Apple Dumpling Gang. It was set in the old west with Tim and Don fumbling their way through the film and it was a laugh riot. I only saw it the one time, because it wasn't very well received, so it never plays anywhere, but when I find it, I will watch it again and relive those laughs that I remember so long ago. Tim Conway is spiraling to the ether, but he is stopping to make someone laugh on the way there. It's what he does. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. This SOTW reminds me of their earlier albums. I mean that in a good way. Something about this reminds me of "Holding On To You".

    ReplyDelete