Tuesday, July 12, 2016

From Denver to New Orleans.

     I'm heading to Colorado tomorrow. What am I excited most about? Is it seeing my favorite band at Red Rocks? Is it seeing one of my most favorite people in the world? Nope, it's that I finally get to take my portable squatty potty with me. I bought a couple of them a while ago, just for going on trips. This is the first time I will get to travel with it.

     I've had a squatty potty for a few years now, and it is truly the greatest purchase that I've ever made. If you have heard or seen commercials for them, you might think that they are kind of embellishing. I can tell you, that they are not. It works as advertised. It puts your body ini a more natural position. I'll fill you in on how well it works when I get back Saturday. My plane is supposed to land after ten, so that should get me home close to midnight. Just in time to write a new post.

     Next Tuesday, starts the new schedule on here. I will begin position three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. The Saturday post will go away for now. If I see a reason or if people tell me that they want it back, I will gladly start posting on that day again. Next Tuesday will be the one and only time that I will be doing a repost. It will be from the final installment of my 365 project. I've been saving a big reveal for that post. I figure that it's a good way to go out on there, and a great way to start the new schedule on here. I hope that you enjoy it, because it's going to be something very private and personal.

     I was watching America's Got Talent tonight, and it was the first round of the judge's cuts. It's basically the final round before they begin the live shows. They used to call it Vegas Week, but they are doing it differently this year, and I'm not sure I like it. All the acts used to have to come out in front of only the judges and perform. Now they have a crowd watching them. I think just doing it in front of the judges alone, is much more intimidating than performing in front of a crowd. It is what it is though, and I wanted to share with you the act that I liked the best. It was a young female comedian Lori Mae Hernandez. She is very funny, and writes her own material. She says that she is very shy at school and around other people, but you wouldn't know it at all by watching her act. She has stage presence, like a seasoned veteran. She controls the stage and the crowd. Take a look and see what you think.


    I was watching Ride with Norman Reedus this week, and he was riding motorcycles through Louisiana. Louisiana, is one of my favorite states. The main reason, si because of New Orleans. It is a city of wonder, and that was his final destination in this episode. It got me thinking of all the great music that has come out of there, and all the great artist as well. You got, Fats Domino, Louie Armstrong, The Nevelle Borthers, Dr. John, Harry Connick Jr., Better Than Ezra, Mute Math, and so many more. Even Jimmy Buffett did a stint busking there for a time. Probably my favorite artist out of all of them, is Professor Longhair. He was style incarnate, and could play the piano like nobody's business. so My Favorite Song of the Week, belongs to him. Here is "Go To The Mardi Gras".



     Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment