Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Love, Understanding, and Compassion

     I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I have another helmet arriving tomorrow. I've been keeping this one a bit of a surprise, so I haven't really spilled any details about it. I can say, that it didn't cost as much as the Arai, and it is a bit heavier, but it should be a great back-up helmet, if anything happens to the Arai.

     Another weekend passed and of course there was another terrorist attack. Suicide bombers in Iraq claimed the lives of over 200 people. The news about this attack has been rather non existent. Is it because that it is Iraq and we aren't supposed to care about them? How are we not supposed to care about innocent human beings being slaughtered? My heart goes out to all the victims of these heinous attacks. I just saw that there were bombings in Saudi Arabia today. I don't have any of the details on those, but I can imagine that it is more of the same, senseless death to quench the thirst of blood hungry madmen. They aren't doing this for religion, they are doing it for greed and nothing less. Then proof of this is what you see happen when they take over a city. They pillage, plunder and steal everything they can. They don't free the followers of their fate, they kill them as examples, and that is if they are lucky. The unlucky ones are usually the women of all ages, that are systematically raped, and forced into marriages with these madmen. They don't care about their religion, they don't care about peace, or love, or anything like that. They only care about getting what ever they want, and if they have to kill you to get it, then so be it.

     I have always treated people as I would want to be treated. It has served me very well in this life, and I've made many friends of people that would probably not have given me a second thought. I am a pacifist, but do not let that confuse you, I will fight when I need to, but I will always look for a way not too. I think that through love, understanding and compassion, we can solve all things. I went to that Twenty One Pilots concert last Friday, and saw the most diverse crowd that I've seen anywhere, and they all came together to enjoy music, and joy. Twenty One Pilots message behind the message, has always been love, understanding and compassion. That is why all those people came together, and greeted each other as friends. When you are a Twenty One Pilots fan, you are part of the Clique. You are together. I believe that with love understanding and compassion, the entire world can come together. Fighting only leads to destruction, not just for the weaker of the foes, but for everyone involved. Even if you win, you come out a loser because of what the act you performed cost of your humanity. How much do we have to kill, before we are no longer human, and have become something else. I think that when Charles Darwin developed his Theory of Evolution, that this isn't what he had in mind. Are we to evolve into a warlike species, or would that be more of a devolving trait? We have to find a better way.

     For my favorite song of this week, I've chosen a song by one of my favorite artist. She goes by the name Danielle Ate the Sandwich, and she plays the ukulele. She wrote this song recently and posted it late last night. I think it says quite a bit, and falls right in with what I've been talking about tonight. Here is Danielle Ate the Sandwich with "Peace to you Brother".


     As I always end this and my 365 with my short little phrase, that I truly believe in, peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Night little brother. I enjoyed this song. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your thoughts brother. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete