Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Bowie Ink, And New Ukulele Day Is Getting Closer.

     Even though I said that I was wanting to leave last weekend alone, because of the negativity involved, I did need to bring a couple of things to light. The first of which, is the new tattoo. My artist came through in flying colors. He has earned the "god arm". I can't tell you how much I love this new ink. Was it painful? Absolutely, it hurt just like the other rib piece did, and maybe a little more, because more surface area was covered, not to mention, it was a full color portrait with a twist. I guess I should just put the picture up so you can see. Here it is, the new ink.

     We changed up the iconic image from the David Bowie Aladdin Sane album. I'm not going to give you all the reasons, because those belong to me. Just know, that it is in tribute to Bowie and my artist nailed it. It's still in the healing process right now, this picture was taken about an hour after it was done. Currently it is till pealing, and a little tender. I've been through this a few times now, so I know what to expect from it. I have a couple more days of pealing before the new skin takes hold. Then that layer will slowly peal off as well. When that does, it will be fully healed. I will continue my Aquaphor treatment for about 2 weeks. It seems to work the best for me. When I have done this with other tattoos, I don't seem to lose much color at all. It will soften a bit from the picture above, but not much, I can already see that the color is holding incredibly well. just like it did with the "Love Symbol" in honor of Prince. That one seems to have lost no color from the day I got it.

     The other thing I wanted to mention, was that I got to see a very rare motorcycle. I was helping a friend of mine that needed to drop her bike off for maintenance. After dropping it off, we spent the day at a bird sanctuary, it was pretty fun and informational. When we went back to pick her bike up, there were a few people that had rode up to the shop. One of these people was riding a Honda RC 51. In the early 2000's Honda put out a race bike that they tuned down a bit to be street legal. They only made a limited quantity of them each year they were made. I don't know what year this particular bike was, but it looked cool. I should have gotten a picture of it, but I was to enamored with staring at it to pull my phone out. That bike is simply, raw power. I was hoping to hear it start up before leaving ,but alas, I wasn't that lucky. I'll just have to live with the fact that I stood next to one of those beautiful machines.

     I have a Mya-Moe update. It isn't the one I was expecting to have, they broke their previous schedule a bit, and didn't do any work on the ukuleles in the shop on Sunday. The did pick back up on Monday though, and two steps have been done since you last saw it, which means there is only one step to go. I'm assuming they will be in the shop tomorrow, so that should put my ukulele being finished at that time. They put the 4th coat of oil on it yesterday and applied the lemon oil and glued on the bridge today. That leaves only putting in the tuner pegs, and stringing it, and adding the pick-up. After that, they do the final photos and then pack it up for shipping. I'm still thinking that I will get it the week following Christmas. I just don't expect it to get through the busy parcel service before the holiday. Anything can happen though. Here is the link so that you can take a look at the latest two updates UkeTracker. Let me know what you think of it. I should be able to post the final update on Thursday, assuming that they finish it up on Wednesday. If that doesn't work, I'm sure there will be something to post by Sunday.

     I have only two goals this weekend, and they are:1. To finally try the lasagna at my favorite watering hole, and 2. Too see Star Wars Rogue One. They aren't lofty, so I'm pretty sure that I will succeed in my chosen tasks. I know what you are saying, "After Sunday's post, why isn't riding Saki one of your goals?". There is a simple answer to that, and that is, that riding Saki is a foregone conclusion. It isn't a goal, it is a fact of life. I haven't ridden the last two mornings, because the humidity was so high, that I wouldn't be able to see from the fog build up on my helmet, but tomorrow I ride no matter the conditions. Two days is far too long to go without riding. As long as my heart beats, so will Saki's.

     I haven't given any thought to Favorite Song of the Week yet this week. I guess I should brainstorm right now, and come up with one. Ok, I know time doesn't pass the same when you are reading this, as it does when I'm writing it, so you have to believe me when I tell you, that it was several minutes of deliberation. I have a song, and it's a goody. So, I have this favorite band, I'm sure you all know who that is by now, but if you don't, it's Twenty One Pilots. Well they have this one song, that is a favorite song of one of my very best friends, and it just so happens to be the favorite song of my new dancer friend Teal. Those are two very good reasons why this should be Favorite Song of the Week. There are other reasons of course, like, it's a great freaking song. It's fun, it's bouncy, it makes you want to move, and puts a smile on your face. Here is Twenty One Pilots with "The Run And Go" Enjoy.



     Great song right? I'll see you on Thursday with what will hopefully be the least Mya-Moe update before I finally get my hands on the new ukulele. No, I still don't have a name for it, but it will come, when it does. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment