Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Night Edition.

     Well, this year just won't stop sucking. I woke up to the news that Joey Boots a frequent caller to the Howard Stern show had died, and then later in the day I heard the news that George Michael had died. There is only a week left, could we not lose anyone else for just a little while. Carrie Fisher nearly became a victim of this year, just last week when she had a heart attack on a plane. I'm not foolish enough to think that just because this year is up, that no one will die, but we could we just have a break from all the well known people leaving us.

     I usually wait until the end of writing this to create a title for it, but I took the lazy way out, and wrote the title after the first paragraph. Yes, it's lazy, and very uncreative, but I'm going with it. I needed a break from thinking. This weekend is coming to a close, and I only have to get through the next week of nothing to do, to make it out of this holiday season. I've done my best to make the most out of a bad situation, and I think I've succeeded so far. Last night was a bit of a struggle at first. The strip club was open, so I figured what better place to leave my thoughts behind, then to go there and have a couple of drinks. Well, my bartender was working last night, so a couple of drinks didn't happen, I did however manage to avoid doing any shots. When I'm there, I don't expect her to spend a lot of time talking to me, so I just sit at the bar, and watch whatever is on TV, and take a look at the stage from time to time. There was one big problem last night though. The only seat I could find at the bar, faced away from the stage, so I could only see the TV, and the dudes across from me. It felt like I was somewhere trying to participate, and I was failing miserably.

     A friend of mine, had his plans change, and he decided he was going to meet me at the club. He was a little late showing up. If he wasn't going to be there, I probably would have stuck to my couple of drinks and left, but since I was waiting for him, I was on my 3rd drink by the time he finally showed up. Once he was there, things leveled out for me. I had someone to talk to, so it was no longer that struggle to not be the loneliest person in a crowded room. I was also in a good spot, that the dancers didn't come around me. I was right near the servers station, so they couldn't really stand there or they would be in the way, and there was always someone sitting to the other side of me. I only bought drinks last night, and not dances. I tipped the bathroom attendant more than I did any of the ladies combined. I call that a good night.

     There were a lot of confusing things that happened this weekend, but I don't really want to dwell on them, so I just want to get to somethings that aren't confusing. For instance, I went to see the movie Passengers. It stars Jennifer Lawerence, who by the way, if I ever meet in person, I'm asking her out on the spot, and Chris Pratt. It's really good, they do a good job with not giving away a nice little twist in the movie in the commercials for it. The twist made the movie much better than I thought it was going to be, basically I was seeing it for Jennifer Lawerence anyway

     The other little positive thing that happened was, that I ordered my helmet cover. It kind of looks like Elmo with big eyelashes. It should be here in a few weeks. The guy that makes them is in England, so it has to travel over sea to get here. I don't think I can get it on my daily rider helmet, so I'm going to have to put it on my HJC Ironman helmet. It can be put on and off, so it's not a permanent fixture on the helmet. The other thing si, it will give me a reason to wear my back up helmet a little more often. I think it will be a lot of fun riding around in that helmet cover. I watch the videos of Kawi Brock, and it is just fun. Is it for attention? Sure it is, but it is more about possibly making someone smile more than it's about any attention I will receive from it. Wouldn't it brighten your day, if you were driving along and came a across someone on a motorcycle that looked like a muppet? That is what it's all about.

     I do have a little bit of bad news, not as bad as the two deaths I mentioned above, but very minor in terms of bad. My Mya-Moe has been delayed in transit by a day. I know, how will I get through life now that I won't get my ukulele until a day later? I'll manage, but that does change my schedule a little bit. I'm going to have to stay home that day until it arrives, cause I'm not missing out on being there when it shows up. That means that I can't go to St. Pete to the Dali, or go to Universal that day either, but it looks like I'll be hitting Universal a little closer to New Years anyway. My bartender finally let me know that Friday night.

    Speaking of Friday, I nearly forgot. It seems like the weekend has taken forever to get through. Friday morning I rode out on Saki before the sun came up, and got a few pictures at that spot on the beach. I would like to share some of them with you now.




     I think the last one is my favorite of them. i took more shots, but theses are the ones that look the best. I shot them with my phone, so I couldn't manipulate the exposure time or anything like that. I could have gotten much better shots with my Canon, but these came out nice, and the last one went over well on the Moto Amino app. I have failed to mention that before, but it's a great little app for motorcycle riders. It's a social biker media type of thing, and it's all about people being positive about riding. There are no egos on there, at least none that I've come across. Everyone is just there because they are on two wheels, and no one rails on anyone for riding a certain type of bike, it's as simple as, "You ride a bike, that's cool, let's all have a good time on two wheels". It really is refreshing considering how much of social media goes. That is the reason I left Facebook, because it became a thing where everyone aired their hatred towards other things, and I didn't need that in my life anymore. So, if you ride, and you want a positive social media experience, go look up the Moto Amino app. You might find someone near you that wants to ride.

     I'm going to call it a night. I was hoping to have pictures of the new ukulele on Tuesday for you, but as I said up above, that's not going to happen. I'll live though. I hope you had a great holiday so far, and hope that you continue on that course. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment