Sunday, July 16, 2017

Adventure Time Series: Mennello Museum & Ace Cafe Orlando



     Took a ride to Orlando yesterday. The day turned out to be much better forecast wise, than I thought it would. Of course you know by now that it wasn't a truly good day, but we are going to put all that aside for now, and go on with the ride itself. 

      This was my first time riding that deep into Orlando, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. That is mostly due to the time of day I went through there. The traffic on I-4 wasn't all that bad. I-4 is normally a parking lot on a real beat up road. I had a companion for this ride, a very good and dear friend. This of course was the first time going on an ATS ride with someone along. It was fun, being able to share the whole experience with someone. We had a great time on the ride, and had a great meal to top it all off. I think I'm just going to share the video here, and then post all the pictures after.. The video explains it all, as good as I could here, and the pictures fill in the blanks. So without further fanfare, here is the video.


     Not the way I wanted to post the video, but it works. Now for the pictures.















     After the Museum, we hit the Ace Cafe Orlando and got our grub on. It was really good.


     After that, it was upstairs to check out the gallery. The host even told me, that they can close that are to the public and you can have company meetings up there. Now I only have to figure out how to get my company to have a meeting there. Well, first I need to get my company to actually have a meeting. Anyway, you saw it in the video, but the pictures are a little more clear.








     After checking out the gallery, I had to make a pitstop in the bathroom. While I was in there I saw an large version of their event calendar. We had a small discussion about one particular night. Any given night, they have something going on. Bike Night, Hotrod Night, Cafe Racer Night, so on and so on. Here is the one night we just couldn't figure out. I got this picture while I was in that bathroom looking at the calendar.

     Your guess is as good as ours on what that night entails. Neither one of us wanted to ask the server, on the off chance that we said the stupidest thing possible. We will all go uninformed on that one. 

     After the upstairs we headed down to the retail area. I wanted to check out the D-Store, and there were two particular bikes down there that I needed pictures of. The first one, is the bike of non other than Billy Joel. He even signed the helmet. I'm not sure if you can see that in the picture.

     The second, is a bike that I never thought I would ever see in person. It is made by a company called Confederate Motorcycles. They make all their bikes out aircraft grade aluminum, and they supercharge all the motors. So not only is it light, it will go real real fast. This is the Confederate P51 Fighter.

     I'm not sure, but I believe that yellow lens that you see under the seat is the oil tank, at least it should be. Pretty cool right?

     That is all I have for you tonight. I hope you enjoyed coming along for the ride. I haven't picked out the next location or a date yet, but I will be doing that soon. Peace in and goodnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment