Sunday, July 9, 2017

Total Chill Weekend.

     You read it in the title. It was a total chill weekend. I did something on Friday that I haven't done in a while. I took Melvin out for a ride, and as usual, he got all the love. I've neglected Melvin, since I've got the GoPro set up on my Arai helmet, and I have to use the HJC (the normal Melvin helmet) as my daily rider. I put ol' Melvin on when I went to the bank, and then a went and got some gas. Like I said, Melvin got tons of love and attention from people. Maybe when I get the new helmet, which is a long way away, I'll figure out some way to mount the GoPro on Melvin's helmet. My only worry though, is that I may have to cut holes into Melvin in order to get it to work. It would be a blast for you to see some of the reactions Melvin gets though. I'll have decide if it is worth it or not.

     I did absolutely nothing on Saturday. I was going to get up and ride really early, but when the alarm went off, I decided to just sleep in instead. Well, that is if you can call sleeping until 6:30, sleeping in. In the end, I just sat at home and caught up on a bunch of recorded shows. I'm nearly caught up on all the series that I had recorded.

      Today was different though. I did wake up early, and got some riding in. It was a short ride, but very productive. I had to get it in early, so that I could see a real early showing of Spider Man Homecoming. I'll give you my review of that in just a bit. I had a goal for my ride, and that was to get some pictures in a couple of areas that I've been looking at for some time. The first one is an old abandoned Sears & Roebuck's building. They have an all brick wall on the outside that has nothing marring it. It looked like a really great place to get an early morning picture. I have a thing for that nice soft light of early morning. This is the one I told you about before, that eventually I want to get an late evening shot there as well, so that you can see the difference in the lighting. When I do get that other shot, I'll post a side by side of them. In the meantime, here are the shots I got there.

     I put the flash on for that second shot, just to get a little pop out of the reflective rim tape. After that, I hit my second location. It's a Mexican Restaurant not far from that location that has a really neat mural on the side of the building. I've always wanted to get Saki in front of it, but it is always packed with cars and people. that wasn't a problem at around 7 in the morning. The parking lot was vacant, and I got to pull up right in front of it. Here is what I got there.


     That mural is just fun, and Saki looks pretty good in front of it. When I was loading these pictures in, I realized that I missed the portrait shot I took at the other location. I think it came out pretty good.

     Just in case you were wondering, I did shoot some video of the whole thing. I got home and did the editing before I headed out for Spider Man. I kept it simple today. Didn't try anything new, and worked more on keeping the time down. I want to try to keep these videos around 10 minutes. This one comes in a couple of minutes under, so that is a good thing. Give it a view, and let me know what you like and don't like about it. Then more I learn from you, the more I can make the videos more appealing. You can leave a comment on here, or go to the YouTube page and leave one. Anyway, here is the video for you viewing pleasure.


     If you follow me on Instagram, you got to see the little promo I made for this, and as I said, I used Building Houses by Danielle Ate The Sandwich. I like it. I think I can get that song to work with almost anything I put together with it.

     While I waited for the video to upload on YouTube, I went to see Spider Man Homecoming, and run my errands. I really enjoyed the movie. It did have some very small glitches in the CGI, but I was able to get past it in a hurry. It was like a Spider Man Comic. It had that really fun and witty style to it. It isn't the typical origin story. This takes place after Peter has his powers, and it still getting used to them. he knows what he can do, he just hasn't had the time to do any real training with it. It's fun and worth watching on the big screen. I didn't see it in 3D, so I can't tell you if that aspect of the movie is any good, but it has a good story, great action, and a whole lot of humor. Oh, and don't forget to stay until after the credits. There is something real fun there.

     I nearly forgot, that I ran into some old friends when I was getting ready to walk away from the counter into the theater. It was really good seeing them again. They were from my old days of hanging out at the beer bar. I had some good times there, but after a while, I realized that the beer was just far too expensive, when I could go to one of the many breweries in the area, and get beer that was more than likely better, and at a cheaper cost. We caught up a bit, and then went our separate ways after the movie.

     That is all that I have for you until Tuesday, so peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment