Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Why Do Mondays Always Suck?

     Monday was very much a Monday. Employees were late, machines were malfunctioning, and equipment was breaking. There was a real big difference between this Monday, and any other time that things like this have happened, and that is that everyone kept their cool for a change. It was nice, there were no violent outbursts or items being thrown about nearly hitting someone. Because of that, things got taken care of in a quick and relaxed way. e made it through the day a little battered, but unharmed, and got everything done that we needed to get done. That is what happens when you stay calm and think things through.

     Today was much better, although there was one hiccup with some equipment breaking down. It seems that it didn't know about the party on Monday, so it came late to the dance. I'm expecting to have this Friday off. I had a plan that I would head over to St. Pete and go to the Dali, but I may have something else to do that day, and that is all part of this process I started over the weekend. You know, the one I can't tell you about yet. I'm really hoping that this goes the way I want it to. Either way, I will fill you in when the time is right. All will be revealed.

     Tonight was AGT night, and I have a couple of acts to show you. These were two of my favorite ones for the night. Once again, I didn't agree with the Golden Buzzer act, but it's all subjective anyway. The first act I'm going to show you, is a brother and sister rollerskating act. Listen, this act would have made it through on sex appeal alone. Don't get weird on me now, its not sex appeal between the two of them in some sort of incest way. They are simply two very sexy people, and know how to use that to their advantage. Here, watch the clip and you will see what I'm talking about.



     Now do you see what I'm talking about? The thing that doesn't make it into this short clip, is that they couldn't practice that last move. They said that it 1. hurt to bad to practice, and 2. he kept losing beard hair and they were afraid that he wouldn't have enough left to perform the stunt. It's needless to say, but they made it through to the live shows. Here is a little piece of trivia for you. This brother sister act also performed on Britain's Got Talent, and went pretty far. I don't know if they won it or not, but I do believe that they made it to the live shows there as well.

     The next act is a comedian that is just straight up funny. I remember his initial audition and it was hilarious. I'm talking slapping your knee and tears rolling out of your eyes funny, and this one was no exception. I think that comedy is one probably the hardest thing to do on these types of shows. Normally when a stand up starts out, they are told to get a solid 5 minutes of material. That is so you have enough stuff to get the crowd into what you are doing and build some laughs. This guy has to pack an act into about 2 minutes worth of time. Let me tell you, he packs a 15 minute routine into those 2 minutes. It's incredible. It's one joke, but he sets it up like a story, and it is funny from start to finish. Take a gander at this.



     In a way he reminds me of Eddie Murphy back in the Raw and Delirious days, except he is even more intense. I think this guy has what it takes to win the whole thing. I made my call early last year and was right. That doesn't mean I'll be right again this year, but I have a real good feeling about him. Whether he wins or not though, you are going to see much more of him in the future. He is going to be a star in comedy.

     It's time for Favorite Song of the Week. Remember on Thursday when I mentioned Donna Summer? Yeah, you knew this was coming. I said that On The Radio wasn't my favorite song by her, well it's time to reveal that favorite song. Let me see the scene. I was just entering my informative years as a young man, and I realized the girls were something that I wanted to know more about. They finally piqued my interest if you will. This song let to a ton of confusion on my part. Something was happening whenever this song came on the radio. I even had a compilation album with it on it. I had the extended  version, but I'm only going to play the radio edit for you tonight. Donna Summer was one beautiful woman and I took notice, and this song made me take an even deeper notice. Here it is, Donna Summer with  "Love To Love You Baby".



     It still has that same effect on mere except now I know what it is all about. This has ran me back into my Disco era phase again. I personally think that Disco was a wildly underrated era for music, and I do think some of that sound needs to have a resurgence. Somebody needs to bring some of that sound back to todays' music. I think it would go over in a big way now. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment