Sunday, January 6, 2019

I Got The Job

     The title says it all. That interview I went on earlier this week, was a success. I was called back on Wednesday, but when I returned the call, the HR person had already left for the day. I called back the next morning and got the word. They gave me an offer for pay, and I jumped on it. It isn't what I was making, and it won't pay the bills, but it is something coming in, instead of everything going out. It's only part-time and on the weekends, so I still have to find either another part-time job or a full-time for during the week, in order to truly survive, but I'm happy in the direction things are going.

     It turns out that my experience with a fork lift and in shipping and receiving that I did at my last job, gave me the edge. It's going to be a whole new experience, and I'm going to have a lot to learn, but I'm ready for a new adventure. I do have to pass a drug screening tomorrow, which should be no problem at all, since the only thing I do, is take a low dose aspirin every morning with breakfast. Tomorrow of course will be the anniversary of my last drink as well, so they wouldn't even be able to find trace amounts of alcohol in my system.

     I have already received the preliminary background check, and I'm approved through that part, there are two other parts that take a little longer to get the checks, but I'm not worried about those in the least. The only thing in my past, is an expired tag when I was in my early twenties and I took care of that the very same week.

     That is a small weight lifted off my shoulders, but there is still more weighing heavy on me, but I'm going to just brush it off for now, and focus on the training that is about to come. Once that is over, I can focus back on getting another job to make up for the financial difference, or at least come close. I had no expectations of making as much as I was, so I'm truly coming in with an empty cup to anything that comes at me. This is going to all work out.

     I got some other good news, I had my skateboard photoshoot yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. I still have a ton of pictures to go through, but I'm going to share two of them with you here, since the CSP still doesn't see all that much traffic. These are my two current favorites form the shoot, and I'm sure that may change as I continue going through there rest of the pictures.

     I was given 244 pictures that day, and I pulled 128. I may put the SD card back in and pull others later, but for now, those are the ones I'm working with. I have about 8 finished and saved to the computer, and these next two are my favorites right now.



     I'm torn on which of those I like the best. The top one took a lot of work to get it to look like that, which is the same with the bottom, one, but I like how the bottom one has a soft focus, and some motion blur. It reminds me a little of those Francesca Woodman photos. This is of course in color and not black & white or sepia, but it has a similar effect to it, and I love it. The top,  I love because it is just bold and powerful, and I like taking photos that have that type of representation, especially if it's a woman. People tend to focus on beauty and daintiness, but I like that I can get a shot that has both beauty and power. The misconception that all woman are soft is just that, a misconception, and one of the things I hope my photography does, it shows that power that women have.

     Ok, I'm stepping down from my soap box now. I'm posting this early, because I really have nothing to do today, except make something to eat, and then watch TV. I'll leave you to the rest of your day, and finish this like I normally do, even though it's the middle of the day. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment