Sunday, January 20, 2019

I'm Back On A Schedule

     It has been a wild and exhausting week, but in a great way. I of course started the training for the new job, and got to experience it first hand on Friday, and an experience it was. There is a lot to learn in a short time, but the woman that is my mentor, is amazing. She is fantastic at her job, an is actually the person that all the local stores send their trainees to for learning, the ropes. She also filled me in on the fact that the Indian Harbor Beach location is looking for people to do the job I'm doing here for both full and part time. She told my I should apply for the full time position and I did. I'm already in training for it, and I have my week days free, so I'm a natural fit for it, but it's all up to the HR department there to decide that. I'm hoping to hear from someone there on Monday, but they may have already closed the position. I guess I'll see.

     I have to go in for my old hours tomorrow, that means waking up at 4 in the morning again, which shouldn't be difficult. I woke up at 6 for the last two days I worked, and this weekend I woke up before the crack of dawn, so 4 is just a little less sleep.

     Yesterday I worked on the bookcase wand stand and finished the final test piece. I did a few different paint jobs on it, and took pictures of each one for Elie. I'll put them in order so you can see them as I sent them.




     I was surprised that I liked how the blue came out, but that wasn't the winner. I did the black and then got the idea to paint the border with the yellow ochre, and that is the clear winner. I'll buy the wood within the next couple of weeks and then get started on it in what free time I have. If I don't get a week day job soon, then I will have plenty of free time. I'm going to make that gap for the border a bit bigger and also the space between the border and the symbol a little bigger as well, just to make things a bit easier for painting, but I did learn a few things during this process that will help out tremendously when I do the final piece. I still need to clear coat the other two small pieces but I have them touched up and finished up to the final point, so there are nearly ready to go. I'll buy the clear coat when I get the other wood. I got a discount card now, for that kind of stuff.

     Today was dedicated to the TPR. I hadn't done the video or wrote the blog post for the place we went on Wednesday. This was a tough one. We disagreed big time on the taste of this pie, and I made sure that that is evident in both the video and the blog post.

     We have been getting people trying to call us out on our reviews lately. Saying that we never post anything negative, and they do have a point, but we aren't going to lie about the way we feel when it comes to this. Do you want our honest opinion, or do you want us to just hammer a place to hammer it? I choose the honest opinion, but I fear that my partner won't give a true assessment of what he is experiencing. It happened when we did the place in Orlando, and he caved in order to be nice, and he did it again in a recent one that isn't up yet. He gave a glowing review and then told me personally that he would never go back to that place. It's a little upsetting to me, that he won't be honest and he will cave if a manager or someone on the staff is simply nice to him. I'm just going to do me though, and I'll keep saying exactly how I feel about what it is I'm trying. This latest review will be out on Feb. 21st, so keep an eye out for that one. You'll see just what I'm talking about.

     I have cloths to get in the dryer, and then I'm going to sit back and relax while I wait for tomorrow to happen. It's a little weird being back on a real schedule, but that isn't a bad thing. Peace in and goodnight.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment