Thursday, March 12, 2020

I Only Have A Cold

     I wanted to start off tonight, by thanking the person who left the comment on the last blog post. It was labeled unknown, so I don't know who you are, but thank you. It's been a rough couple of days. I'm right in the middle of this cold, and yes it is a cold, not Covid 19. I've checked the symptoms with how I'm feeling, and there is also the fact that I'm feeling better today. Yesterday was the worst of it, but every 4 hours I've been dosing with 2 aspirin, 3000mg of Vitamin C, and 10 mL of elderberry. I still have a cough, and my core temperature is fluctuating, but I'm past the fever stage. There are still some minor body aches, but that has drastically improved since yesterday. I felt good enough to hit the grocery store today, and was shocked when I went down the pepper goods aisle. The toilet paper rush is a real thing, and I don't understand it.


     I get that people are worried that they are going to be isolated, but how long do you really expect it to last, and since you are home, if you run out of toilet paper, there is the option of a shower. I mean, come on people.

     I did decide to stay away from visiting my mom, but since the governor declared a state of emergency, the facility has locked down, and I couldn't see her anyway. I did call to see how this would affect her possible discharge, but they said it wouldn't at all. They would just leave me outside and bring her to the front with her paperwork. This was good news. I am concerned that she doesn't get to see any friendly faces though, this is not good for her or her mental state. If everything is going well, she should be discharged tomorrow. I'll call tomorrow morning to confirm, and if she isn't, I'll find out the earliest day they will let her come home. Her in that place with no one visiting is a worst case scenario. I just have to try to limit it to as short a time as possible.

     With myself being sequestered in the house, I've only been out to water the garden and what not. That is of course, not counting going to the grocery store today. The garden is doing well, and I finally had my last two cans from the pepper in a can challenge to sprout. It has take than a month for these two, and they were supposed to be the ones that sprouted early, since they aren't superhots, while the other two are.


     Since the first sprout poked out they have gone insane and all the seeds in there are sprouting. That picture was taken this morning, and there are 2-3 more sprouts per can at this point. The front two of course. The other two have already fully sprouted, and I've trimmed back the extra seedlings so that there are only one in each can. I'll have to do that with the other two as well, but I'll wait until a front runner shows up as the strongest seedling.

     With this illness taking over for the last few days, my appetite has been minuscule, which means I'll be losing weight, which is not intended at all. I have been making sure to get in protein, so that I don't start breaking down muscle. I've worked to hard to get to where I am now, to let it all slip away because of a little cold. I actually feel like making a meal tonight, but it's going to be very simple and small. I'm thinking a small serving of bacon, eggs, and some berries. It's sounding very good right now. I haven't tracked anything, but I'm sure I've only had 2000 calories over the last three days.

     That's it for tonight. I'm going to it back and watch this weird movie on Netflix called Freaks. I'm about a half hour into it at this point, and it's just weird. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment