Thursday, March 19, 2020

I'm Off My Game

     I have been completely off lately. It's not just the cold either, I'm going to place part of the blame on the elderberry syrup. The carbs in that have wrecked me. I have had very odd cravings, of chips, and fries, and just junk food all around. I have not given in of course, and know what it is. Those carbs have thrown my gut biome off quite a bit, and it's going to take some time to get it back to normal. Despite feeling tired and very lethargic today, the cravings have been held down to a minimum, which is a good sign that I might be finally rounding the corner on all of this. I'm still sleeping longer and longer hours, which I don't exactly want to do. I did manage to get out of bd by 6:30 this morning, but the was just barely. I had to lay there for about an hour before I had the energy to finally rise up out of bed. The good news is, that the moms is sleeping in, which gave me a chance to just sit in the living room in peace and quite and nod off a couple of times before she finally got out of bed as well.

     Yes, the moms is home and doing great. She's moving around even better than I thought she would be. I've been keeping on her about using her walker around the house, and she has been keen to do so, so far. Today was also, "meet the therapy staff" day. For the next few weeks, she will have a few visits by a nurse, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. They actually wore my mom out a bit, so when she was ready for bed, it was one of those things where she drug herself into her room. She'll sleep good again tonight as well, so I may get a little extra time to myself, and I'm hoping that more of this cold will be gone. I'm still at a mild cough with congestion, which is really the worst part of it. That is the reason why I don't want to do anything. I just don't have the lung capacity to get things done with a high level of energy. I'll be so glad when this is over. I had the chance to avoid all this, but I wanted to test the limits of my body, and my body broke. I guess it was about time.

     Ok, most recent garden photo time. This is the Sunflower in all it's glory. I have a second one open, and a few more are beginning to form buds, even one of the very small Chocolate Cherries is starting to bud.


     I really wish it was full size, and I don't have any idea on whether or not it will continue to grow. From what I've generally seen, that once it flowers, the growth process stops or at the very least slows, so it may have topped out at around 4 feet or less. The tallest two are nearing the 5 foot mark right now. The limit off their height is 10 feet, so I doubt any of them will get there at all, but It's been so fun growing them, and watching them make it to this point. They are beautiful in their simplicity. That one above is edible, so at some point, I may have to cut it down and give it a try just to see what Sunflower truly tastes like, and not just the seeds.

     Remember to stay safe everyone, and please stay at home and not go out. It's not just about you. I make very limited trips to and from the grocery store, and if I get sick, because some schmuck just had to go out for drinks, or meet friends at the beach, and they passed me by in the grocery store. I may just go ballistic. I don't know how I would quarantine myself away from my mom to keep her safe, and take care of her at the same time. It would be an impossibility. So keep that in mind when you feel the need to go for a "hang", and then remember to go, well I was going to get rather rude there, and I think you get the point. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment