Friday, August 12, 2016

Listening to Bohemian Rhapsody While Walking Through Wilderness.

     Well, it's Thursday night and I realized that I didn't post a Favorite Song of the Week on Tuesday. Once again, I still hadn't put any thought to it, but then I checked out Youtube, and what was waiting for me in my list of recommendations? Really, what was waiting for me? Just kidding. It was Panic! At The Disco's version of Bohemian Rhapsody. All of you should know, that that song was originally done by the band Queen. If you know that, you also know, that I'm rather critical of anyone covering a Queen song. I had prior knowledge of this particular version. I got to see P!ATD perform this song for only the second time live a little over a year ago in Denver at the Big Gig. I was blown away by it then, I'm still blown away by it now. Brandon Urie channels his best Freddie Mercury, to pull this one off. I should just let you hear it already. Here it is, Panic! At The Disco with their cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody".



     What did you think? Really, I want to know. It's not the same as Queen, but it's a great version in my opinion.

     I felt the need for a little night time riding tonight, so I took Saki out for a ride around town. This was the first time wearing my Icon Overlord jacket. It was real comfortable, but when I stopped at a light, it got real hot. It's still way to early to be wearing a full jacket in Florida yet, but I wanted the extra protection with going out at night, plus it gave me a little more visibility with the white logo and panels that are on it. There wan't a lot of traffic out, since it's a week night, so there were no close calls or anything like that. I did have one guy in a minivan decide that he wanted to race me. I just let him go, I didn't care about him or his desire to race.

     When I got back, I arrived home just in time to see Michael Phelps receive his latest gold medal. I can't remember what it was for, but he had to hit the medal ceremony, then he had to book it back to the pool for another race. It was a semifinal race, and he still managed to come in 2nd in that one after having just raced a half hour earlier. If he can do that being exhausted, it doesn't bode well for the other swimmers tomorrow, when the finals are.

     After swimming, it was time to finish up the Women's Gymnastics Individual All Around. The U.S. had Simone Biles and Aly Raisman competing, and the drama was created when after 2 events, the ladies were down in the standings. Simone was in 2nd, and Aly was in 4th, I believe. They both performed well on the balance beam, and then destroyed the floor exercise, to get the gold and silver. Simone with then gold and Aly with the silver. This was redemption for Aly, She missed the podium in London, when she was knocked out by a tie breaker rule. Oh yeah, the margin that Simone won by, is larger than the combined total of margin for victory for the Women's All Around, from 1980 to 2012. That is the total of 9 women gold medalist. That is a pretty awesome feat. She has 3 more events in the individual events. She is going for vault, beam, and floor.

     I'm off work again tomorrow, so I have to find something somewhat productive to do. My first option is to go see Sausage Party, which is a movie title I thought I would never say that I was going to go see, but here I am, and there it is. I could also go for a ride on Saki. Actually none of this is productive, but they are all fun, and it's believed that acts of fun and laughter provide a healthier life, so with that in mind, these things are very productive to me living longer. I could alway do both, oh, and I do have a planned trip to the gym. It's leg day after all.

     I will be more productive on Saturday. I'm going hiking in Lakeland Florida with a friend of mine. She mentioned that it is a place loved by photographers, with lots of great native wildlife. That means potential alligator sightings. If I get any pictures on my phone, I'll share them on here. I'm sure that she will have much better pictures, so make sure to check out, and follow her Instagram here Elie Wolf Photography . Her pictures will be much better than anything I will get.

     Until Sunday night, enjoy your weekend, and stay safe out there. Peace in and goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for our hike! I've been researching more and more and talked to some folks about it. I think we will see lots of things, AND there is a bobcat family there. They aren't sighted often, but there have been enough sightings that there are lots of photos of them on various photography pages. Maybe we will be lucky...:-). Of course my main hope is for a big gator. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run across bobcats before. They are beautiful creatures. If you've never seen one in person, you will be in for a treat.

      Delete
  2. Have you heard/seen the Muppets version of Bohemian Rhapsody? It's mostly just fun. I think P!ATD did a wonderful job! It's definitely more polished than two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I seen The Muppets version? Of course I have. It's The Muppets, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

      Delete