Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What Do You Do When The Power Is Off At Work? You Think Of A Way To Ask Your Bartender Out.

     Work has been uneventful so far this week. Well, I can't really say that. I rode in this morning, and the lights were off, which meant the power was out. Our building is notorious for having power outages, because of very old unreliable equipment on the power lines.  It took them close to 2 hours after we arrived to get the power back on. It seems that one of the large fuses at the transformer fell out. There also seemed to be a lot of corrosion on it, so the lineman, had to clean it up real good. i"m hoping for a 5 day work week, but I'm already seeing that our orders are still down, so it's more than likely going to be another 4 day week.

     The good news is, that the weather is full cooperating with me this week. Rain chances are very low, and by Saturday it looks like we are going to have highs in the upper 70's. That should be perfect for riding, and maybe getting that photo shoot in with Saki. That would also be a good time to head over to Universal for a day at the park. I could head over about mid-day, hit a few rides and then head home. That is the beauty of having an annual pass. I don't have to spend my whole day there. I can always go back whenever I want to, or when time allows.

     I'm betting that some of you are wondering if I broke my bartender rule yet. I can tell you that I haven't. The reason is, because I haven't been there and seen that particular bartender yet. Maybe this weekend, or perhaps not. I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for drinking this weekend, but I do have to give my buddy a package that he had delivered at my house. That means I will have to be in the car, in order to transport it to where we will meet, which I'm sure will be a bar, and more than likely, not the one that I want to go to. We will just have to see.

     I was a little bummed today. The cable box on my TV in the living room, had a bit of a meltdown today. I had to unplug it, and then replug it, to get it to work. This is of course after I bought a new HDMI cable for it. I thought that was the problem, because when I unplugged that from the TV, things changed. New cable, no problem. Wrong, new cable, same problem, which meant it was the box itself. I tried to turn it off, and nothing happened, that's when I got the bright idea to unplug the whole thing, to cut power to it. In essence, it was a hard reboot. it worked, but, I lost everything that I had recorded on it, and I can't remember everything that I had on it. Fortunately, I did know of a few shows, and got a couple of those On Demand. One was Supergirl, and then to add insult to injury, Calista Flockhart is leaving the show. She said she will be back, but I'm a little bummed. For those of you that read the 365, you may remember my fawning of her, when I saw her on the show as Cat Grant. She looks fantastic. Which brings me to something that I was thinking about today.

     I don't know if this is going to come of as misogynistic, or chauvinist, but there are two women that I put above all humans on this planet. No, Calista isn't one of them, but she is gorgeous. The two women, actually kind of look very similar, which I realized when I was thinking about this today (i have no idea why the thought popped into his head. he's a loon.). I guess I should just get to the names right? Well, here they are: Brooke Shields, and Jennifer Garner. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful women on the planet, and they just get better looking as they age. I don't want to meet them. There is no "locker room talk" involved. I just think they are, what I believe to be the perfect woman. If you look them up, you will see that they look very similar, and maybe that means that I have a "type". I've never dated anyone that looked like them, so apparently I go against type. That's all I have on that. Is there anyone out there, that you see as the perfect woman, or man? Would you ever want to meet them?

     You know what time it is kids. It's time for Favorite Song of the Week. Now, I'm still pretty infatuated with "Vowels" by Capital Cities, but even though I didn't set any rules about repeating a song, and have done it in the past. I didn't feel right giving you the same song two weeks in a row. The time I did it earlier with "Heathens" by Twenty One Pilots, there were a couple of weeks in between. I put some thought into this one. I wanted to pick something good, with a great beat, that you could dance to. I think I have a winner here, and it just so happens, that this artist was just nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm not going to get into, whether the R&R HOF is really the "Rock & Roll" Hall of Fame or not. It is what it is, and since it is that, all are welcome. Ok, I'm going to get into it briefly. I think it should simply be called the Music Hall of Fame, because all the artist in it, are not Rock & Roll. There I got that off my chest. Now back to FSOTW. The song I picked, si maybe the most famous song that this artist did, and it just so happens that it is written by my favorite artist of all time, that being Prince. When he heard this artist sing, he fell in love with her voice, and wrote this song just for her. Yes, he released a version of it on his own, but he wrote the song for her, and wanted her to do it. She did, and it was magic. She was a tremendous Disco icon in her early days, but when the 80's hit, and disco was declared dead, Prince came along, and brought new life to her career. There were other great songs of the album she did, but this was the stand out. Here it is, "I Feel for You", by the immaculate Chaka Kahn.




     Admit it, even with all the 80's that is all over this video, it's a great song. A few little facts about this song. The harmonica player, is none other than Stevie Wonder, and the rapper that has the early hook is Grandmaster Melle Mel. Every person involved with this song, it seems was an icon.

     Sing and dance a little. While you do, I'm off to bed. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. you didn't get too much into why Brooke and Jennifer are the perfect woman. is it their sweet smiling eyes or that they have always been a nice person or is it because they age well? Cindy Crawford could fall into that category. brown hair, sweet disposition, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a little of all of the above. I have always had an attraction to them, and I can't really put a finger on anything specific. I agree that Cindy Crawford does hold a lot of those values, but for some reason, I don't have that same attraction to her. Attraction may be the wrong term to use, I don't really know of another way to put it though. I think if I really had to get to the bottom of it, it would be this. Brooke and Jennifer are the whole package. They are strong, intelligent women, that are physically appealing. From things that I have read, they are good mothers, and very kind. They don't seem to devalue people, and even in incidents where there has been some controversy (Brooke with postpartum depression, and Jennifer with her divorce), they have handled themselves with poise and grace. In my eyes, they stand above others. I hope this answers your question. It's the best I can do.

      Delete