Thursday, April 13, 2017

Is It Really Good News?

     I have some good news, but it will have to wait a little bit. I had to push back the Instagram Live test till tomorrow. I didn't ride in today due to a sinus infection. Do you have any idea what it is like riding with a helmet on when you have a runny nose? It all started out as allergies, but by this morning it had evolved to a sinus infection. Fortunately I acted fast, and it is nearly all gone as of right now. Let's see now, if I remember right, the subscription email of this will go out at around 7 o'clock in the morning New York time. I don't know if you read this when it comes in, or later in the day or whenever, but I'm planning on the Instagram Live test around 1 or 2. I did do a test on Wednesday, and the audio did work with my headphones in, but there was a tremendous amount of wind noise. This was due to the fact that my mic hung down below my helmet, so tomorrow I will try to tape the mic inside my helmet and see if that eliminates the wind noise. There was one other problem, but I think I have a solution for that as well. I couldn't hear very well with my headphones in. The solution would be to go with the headphones that came with my phone instead of the ones that I use for work. They allow more of the ambient noise around you in than the ones I use for work. I'm not all that excited about not hearing well, but it will only be for a short period of time, so I can live with it.

     Now on to the news. I was able to sell the tickets for Panic! at the Disco. I'm glad that someone is going to get to go that will enjoy it, but I am bummed that I won't get to go now. I was really looking forward to the show, but I couldn't go alone this time. I could feel the panic attack starting every time I thought about it. This was for the best. Although I'm bummed, I did find the silver lining. The money I will be getting for the sale of the tickets, is near the cost of the air compressor I want for the garage. This will help me out with a lot of things dealing with Saki, and could have helped me out tonight. We will get to that in just a minute. I don't get to see the show, but I will get a shiny new air compressor. See, sliver lining.

     Here is how that air compressor could have helped me out tonight. I got new grips for Saki. I would have a picture for you, but my phone is in low power mode, so it won't load anything to the cloud right now. That air compressor could have helped me get the grips on easier. A lot of things I checked said to use compressed air to create a thin layer of air to guide the grip over the bar. I didn't have that, so I went with isopropyl alcohol. It acted as a lubricant to slide the grip on, but it was not easy. my hands are a little raw from pushing the throttle side grip on. It was a pain. I did end up with a slight problem though. When I put the bar end on the throttle side, it left a pretty good sized gap, and I don't know why. I'm going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and see if they know anything that can help me out. In the meantime, Saki is looking real Kawisexy. I also got one other thing for Saki, and that was new bolts for the windscreen. They are anodized red bolts that go real well with the red on Saki. I do have a before an after comparison for you, but that will have to wait until Sunday. The cloud thing remember? I do have one picture that I took yesterday when I pulled into work though. I Like it. It really shows off the reflective rim tape. If you look close, you can see that I put two of the stars on my helmet. Makes it stand out a bit more.

     Yesterday we lost a very funny man by the name of Charlie Murphy. He is the brother of comedian Eddie Murphy. He was battling leukemia, and his fight is now over. I learned of Charlie Murphy because of Dave Chappelle. He was a writer and performed on The Chappelle show, and he had two of the funniest sketches of all time. My favorite was the one about Prince. As you know, I am a giant Prince fan, so I found this sketch to be outstandingly funny, and I was even more pleased when I found out that Prince loved it as well. He even did a song called "Breakfast Can Wait" and the cover art for the single was a picture of Dave Chappelle as Prince. I found a clip of that Sketch but it isn't the best quality and the ending is cut off, but you get the bulk of it. It is the only close to full clip that I could find.



The stars are a little brighter tonight because they are bursting with laughter. Charlie Murphy is swirling in the ether making the universe laugh.

     I don't think I mentioned it, but I am off tomorrow, hence the reason I can do the Instagram Live test around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I will still need your help to see if the audio is good. Please let me know by either leaving a comment here, or messaging me on Instagram. I know that you can leave comments while the video is going live, but I really don't know if I will be able to read them while I'm riding, but I will try my best. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment