Sunday, April 30, 2017

Find The Beauty In The World.

     It was an uneventful weekend, which is a good thing, but leads to not having much to write about. I woke up on Friday with nothing planned or anything to do. I didn't head out until later in the day, so that I could stop off and get lunch, but I ended up not doing it. I decided instead to make my own lunch/early dinner, and make it much healthier. When I make my steak on my "fast" day during the week, I actually make two of them. The first one I had with the broccoli, and this one, I just simply reheated and made some rice to go along with it. I know, my life is overly exciting.

     Saturday was much of the same, but I ended up going shopping at the local hardware store for a few things that I needed for the Ultimate Motorcycle Garage. I'm still working on it, slowly but surely. I bought a new utility knife with blades, and a couple of pairs of locking pliers. They are quite essential to any garage, and I only had one old rusty pair sitting around. I also picked up a rubber mallet, for those times when I need to bang on Saki but don't want to damage anything. There are a bunch of things that I will eventually need, and one of them is a motorcycle lift. I have my eye on one at Harbor Freight. It is on sale right now for $100 dollars off, and I would buy it, but I don't have enough things cleared out of the garage to have a place to put it. I'm going to have to wait on it, but that was the plan anyway. That will probably be the final piece of the puzzle anyway. With the front end stand in place, I have everything I need to do some proper maintenance on Saki. The lift wold just make things much easier, because I could raise the entire bike to a level that I wouldn't have to duck down and bend over, or slide under. That will happen, but at a later time. Right now it is more important to get rid of things that I don't need, and get things in that I do need.

     Once I clear the things I don't need, the first big thing to get in the garage is a workbench. I have one already picked out from Harbor Freight. The have a nice small bench that has a couple of drawers for storage of tools, as well as a peg board to hang things from, plus it has power outlets and and LED light on it. It's perfect for what I need, and is real cheap at $99 dollars. Once that is taken care of, I need to get some lounge type seating for me in there, and I'm going to go with a fan until I can get an air conditioning unit in there. It will be cheaper, and still cool me off while I'm working in the garage, especially when I have the door closed. The AC unit will come into play once I start fine tuning things in there and getting the media center up and running.

     Yesterday, while perusing the ol' Youtubes, I came across a channel for a female motovlogger. I'mm always on the lookout for female riders that vlog, mainly because I want to see the female point of view, and I also want to see more women riders out there. This one that I came across was unique. She is doing her mototvlogging while riding bikes around the world. The first one I watched was her going on her first ride with her new bike in Oman, which is in the Arabian Peninsula. This new bike was one that she wasn't all the familiar with. It was taller than what she normally rides, and is made for on and off road riding. Pack a bike like that down with equipment to travel for a couple of weeks, and it makes the bike even more unstable. That being said, she was doing a great job until she hit the dirt roads. That is when she had to do some riding that was a little above her skill level. She ended up dropping the bike. Since this is an adventure bike, it is very heavy, add all the equipment to it, and it is even more so. She couldn't lift the bike up. She had to run back down the hill and get to the village that she had just left to get help. She had to wait for the daily prayer until there were people to help her. A couple of men drove her back up the hill and when then arrived, there was an SUV waiting by the bike. Her initial reaction was that they had hit her bike, or that they were taking her gear that she had to leave behind with the bike. She was wrong on both accounts. The gentleman that stopped, turned on her lights so that no one would hit her bike, and then he stood guard over her things. There is a lesson here, and I'm going to get to it, but first I want to share her channel trailer with you.



     Her name is Rosie Gabrielle and she is a freelance photographer and world traveler. The emotion in that trailer is real. I watched a few of her videos and she is a truthful person. She wants the world to be a better place, and she is showing you the beauty that is everywhere. The lesson from above, is not to judge people. Meet them, and learn from them. You might find that you have so much in common with them, because in the end, we all just want to live in peace.

      Here is the other thing I got from watching her channel. This is what I want my channel to be like. That is the idea behind the Adventure Time Series. I want to show the things that are out there. The culture around this and other areas. I want to learn and have you learn along with me. I want to show you that there is more out there than you realize. I'm finding this out for myself every time I go on a new adventure. I learned quite a bit at the Navy SEAL Museum, and I hope that I passed some of that on to you. When I can get that channel up and running, I'm hoping to share more of that experience with you. The Instagram Story helps a bit, but that is fleeting and goes away after 24 hours, the channel would be a permanent fixture. There is so much in this world to see, and I want to take you along for the ride to what I can see.

     I know I should stop there, because that was rather dramatic, but I do have one last thing to tell you tonight. Remember when I said, that I felt I was setting up for another big weight loss? I was right. I dropped another 3 pounds this week. Still not where I want to be, but heading in the right direction, and the mirror is agreeing to it. This is all still part of a first phase. I get my nutrition locked down, and when I het the plateau that is coming, I enact phase two. Phase two takes more of a physical demand. I start adding things to my workouts to shock the system. I won't go into all the boring details here, but this is working, and I'm loving, not only the way I'm looking, but also the way I'm feeling. I still haven't had a drink of alcohol, although I did really think about it for the first time on Friday night. I started saying to myself that I could go and just have two, but I know myself all too well, and two turns into 5 real easy, so I didn't go.

     That's all I have for now. I'm going to make the prediction now, that I will be off on Friday, and if that is so, I think I will head over to Universal again. My bill paying day is Friday, so I will do all that Thursday night, and get it over with, so that I'm free and clear for another month. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment