Sunday, April 9, 2017

What Do A Horn, A Garage, Boots, And A Blizzard Have In Common?

     Alright, let's just cut to the chase. I'm a coward. I ended up at the bank tellers window, because she called me over, and I didn't ask. Now I can't assume that she would have said yes, but me going alone to this concert is definitely on me. I could have asked, I had very opportunity to do so, and I didn't. I froze. I had no idea what to say. Instead, I went home and put the new horn on Saki.

     It took me some time, because I had some fitment issues. I had to bend the bracket they gave me, in order to get it to fit right. Once I did that, I found another issue with the horn hitting the headlight housing or the triple tree. Eventually I too the whole mount and flipped it upside down. That isn't the recommended way to do it, but it is the only way that it would fit without issues. That being said, it still has minor issues. I will keep an eye on it, to make sure that those issues don't turn into something. Here is a video of the before and after. It doesn't really do it justice. For some reason the new horn sounds smaller on the video to me, but in reality, it is much louder and more pronounced.

    Installing the horn also gave me the chance to test out the new lighting in the garage. It worked like a charm. Since we are now talking about the garage, I did a little addition to the My Ultimate Garage project. I added another LED light, but this one I put on it's own line, so that I could use the drawstring to turn it on. This is a safety measure in the event that something happens to my phone, and I can't turn on the other lights. I also got a rolling shop stool. What is a shop without a shop stool. 



It was super easy to assemble. It came in three pieces. The lower tray, the hydraulic cylinder, and the seat cushion. All you had to do, was insert the hydraulic cylinder in the tray and then put the seat cushion on top of it. There was no bolting or tightening of any kind. I'm sure if you try picking its up, it will all fall apart, but who needs to pick it up, when it has wheels. It's perfect for working on Saki. I saw a few other things at Harbor Freight that will work well in My Ultimate Garage. They have a lighted workbench that would be perfect, a really nice air compressor, and eventually, a motorcycle lift. When I get my front wheel stand, I can do most of the work on Saki with that and the rear wheel stand. The lift would just make things a lot more convenient. I would be able to raise the bike up, as opposed to laying underneath it at times.

     Yesterday was a me day. I rode Saki all over the place, even hitting my favorite twisty road. I put some speed into it, and got Saki leaned over rather far. It felt really good. I felt a little emboldened by the fact that I had on a new pair of motorcycle boots. I got them a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't had the chance to wear them for a serious ride. Yesterday was the day to test them out. I can say, that they are very comfortable while riding. Walking in them however, is a different story. The sole is rather narrow, so you have the feeling that you are teetering when you are walking in them, but these are riding boots, not walking boots. I did have one problem with them while riding though. The toe is much thicker than Converse Chuck Taylors, and that made it difficult to shift quickly at first. There was a pretty pronounced learning curve going on. It took a little while, but I figured it out eventually. I won't wear them all the time, but when I want to really get Saki leaned over, I will be wearing them. They will give me that extra armor in case something happens. Here is a picture of the boots. They are Icon Overlord Boots, and they are a good match for the Icon Sanctuary jacket that I got.

     After my ride, I decided that I needed to treat myself a little. I have been undergoing sort of a lifestyle change as of late. The no drinking is part of it, but I have also been fasting two days out of the week. It's not a true fast though. I simply limit my calories to under a thousand, and pretty much close to 500 for the day that I do it. In case you were wondering, yes I am losing weight doing this. Quite a bit. Since I have dropped weight I thought a good cheat day was in order. This isn't going to be an every week sort of thing, this was just a once in a long while sort of thing. I went for a Dairy Queen Blizzard, and not just any Blizzard. I went for the Reese's Extreme Blizzard, and a large on at that. I checked the calorie count on it, for a large, it is about three fast days worth of calories, 1360. That is a lot for one dessert. Anyway, this Blizzard ha both Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Reese's Pieces in it. It was really freaking good, but I hope to never have one again. I want to drop another 15 pounds, and the only way I'm going to do that, is to not eat things like that more than once in a few months or so.

     Well, that is all I have for you tonight. I'll see you o Tuesday night with another riveting episode of The Counterfeit Squirrel. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment