Sunday, June 11, 2017

Really? Hazardous Materials? What Else Can Happen?

     This whole thing with then GoPro has been a complete disaster. You remember the thing about the credit card snafu, and then there was the errant tracking number that didn't exist. Well, there is a new dilemma. Late Friday I checked the tracking because the order had not arrived. It still said that it was in transit and that it would be here by the end of the day (Thursday). I had to get up early on Saturday to take my car to get serviced, so calling them was out of the question for Friday night, and maybe, just maybe it would say something different in the morning. It did. When I checked the tracking on Saturday, it now said that the package was being returned to sender due to a hazardous materials issue. Apparently, and this is only a complete guess on my part, something in the package blew up and began leaking, or something blew up or leaked on the package. Either way I still don't have what I ordered, but I do have everything else that is supposed to go with it to make it work. I do have some good news on that front, but that will come a little later.

     When I got home form getting my car taken care of, I called GoPro to find out what was going to be done about the whole thing. What exactly is their policy in this type of situation. Once again, the customer service representative was really nice and did their job well. I'm not going to yell and rant at someone for something that they really have nothing to do with. The gentleman was going to contact the shipping department to find out what was going to happen next. He looked at the tracking information, so he saw the same message on it that I did. This is the thing that has bothered me about all of this, Neither UPS or GoPro has contacted me about this package being returned. I had to find out through tracking and calling around for myself. I lay that fault on GoPro. The representative told me that as soon as shipping got back to him, he would email me with the information of what was going to happen about my order. It is the weekend so I really wasn't expecting to get an email, and good thing, because I haven't. It would have been nice to find out that GoPro was indeed on top of things, but they clearly aren't.

     The sale is over, so if my order ends up being cancelled and they reimburse my card the money, I can't just go out and get what I ordered without paying more for it. That would set things back to the earlier time frame that I talked about. I'll see if I hear from them tomorrow. I really have no idea what more to do at this point, other than wait. I think I will give them until Wednesday before I call them again, to see what is going on.

     In the meantime, I lucked my way into a good seat up with the GoPro. I watched a video today of a motovlogger that I follow, who was talking about his new vlogging set up. He has the GoPro Hero 5 Black, which is the same one that I ordered. He got the mic adaptor that I ordered, and he also got the same exact microphone that I ordered. That was the thing that I lucked into the most. I had no idea what mic to by. I just looked at a few different ones, and read a couple of reviews, and this one seemed the best. It wasn't the most expensive, nor the cheapest. H mentioned in his video that he had heard about those items form other vloggers, and that he heard it worked well. He did a test ride with the new set up and it sounded great, so I have high hopes for the content I will create with it. That is of course, if I ever get the GoPro that I ordered.

     Enough about that. Needless to say, since I was on the phone with GoPro for quite some time after I got back home, I only had a short amount of time to ride, so I couldn't do the ATS. That means that it is rescheduled for this coming Saturday, but already the forecast doesn't look good, however, most of the rain had been coming late in the day, so if I go in the morning like I plan to, I should be able to get it in. It's not a long ride, in fact I rode by there on my short ride on Saturday. I still managed to get soaked on the way home. I had spent all Friday evening detailing Saki for the ride to. Oh well, gives me something to do again. I enjoy getting in there and cleaning everything. Which reminds me I nearly forgot about Friday.

     Harbor Freight was having a big parking lot sale this weekend. I decided that I would head over before everyone got off of work, so that I could get a couple of things that I needed. The one key thing was a 1/2 in. torque wrench. This was very important because I needed the 1/2 in. so that I could tighten the tires to the right specs when I did a chain tightening or when I eventually change my tires. I still need a couple of things for the tire changing part, but I have everything I need for proper chain maintenance now. The torque wrench was on sale for $9.99, it is normally around $60. That is quite a deal. The most expensive thing I bought, was a set of wrenches. They weren't on sale, but I did go there for the specific reason of getting a good set of metric wrenches, and these happened to be sitting right next to the ones I was going to get. Even though they were $6 more than the ones I went there for, I just couldn't pass these up. Here's a picture to show you why.


     Pretty sweet set of wrenches right. Here is the bonus, they ratchet on the closed end. No more turning the wrench over or readjusting to tighten things. Oh, and there is a bonus bonus. Guess which one is he perfect size for the K&N oil filter? Yep, It's the red one that matches Saki to a T. I actually giggled when I tested it out. It's going to make oil changes just a little more fun.

     Also on Friday, I woke up early enough to ride out to the beach to see the sunrise. While I was there I snapped a few pictures, You may have seen the combo picture I posted on Instagram. It had this photo of Saki.
With a picture of the sunrise above it. It looked pretty good, but I had a better picture of that sunrise, and I've been saving it until now.
I honestly don't know if I will get a better picture of a sunrise than that right there. I saved this one for you. I told you a while back that this is what everything else feeds. the Instagram and soon the Youtube channel. It all is just tiny tendrils that lead back to this, and you deserve to see the best picture of the sunrise. When I looked at that picture after taking it, I already knew that it wasn't going on Instagram and was only going to be posted here. I hope you like it. Oh, and in case you didn't see the Instagram shot, Here it is so that you can compare.
It's not a bad shot of the sunrise. I used the rule of thirds in in it, but sometimes the rules get in the way. I believe they did when it came to the sunrise shot with the sun being centered. Sometimes it all comes down to your eye, and what you see versus what you want everyone else to see.

     That's all I have for you. I will keep you updated on the GoPro fiasco, but I'm sure I won't have anything to tell you until Thursday. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Your post is really great! the images and the description within really catches my attention. I’d love to hear and read more of your articles soon. So far, I have enough for now. More power to you and god bless.

    Gopro Hero 5

    ReplyDelete