Sunday, October 22, 2017

Morty Makes A Friend.

     I found a mistake in my review for the AGV K5-S Helmet. If you watched the video, I mentioned that the one downside was the Pinlock shield that was on the helmet. I found out today, that there was a thin removable layer that was causing that cloudy affect on it. I took that off today when I cleaned of that shield, and viola, it is as clear as a bell. I did mention that it was probably a mistake on my part that was causing that cloudiness, and I was right. I'll have to put that shield back on at some point and see how well it really works. I think once it gets cooler, and I have need of a fog free view.

     I was planning on having a video to post on here tonight, but everything went haywire when I tried to record it on Friday afternoon. I had to do an update on the GoPro, and I'm not sure that that had something to do with the problems. I've used the voice command on it this entire time, but for some reason, on Friday, it kept cutting off on me. It could have misheard something I said and thought that I told it to stop recording, or it just cut off. I'll play around with it this week and see if it was user error or something in the new software update.

     I ended up at my bank tellers window again. She wasn't feeling well. Just getting over a sinus infection. I know how annoying those are. I get them all the time. She has the similar problem of a constant cough after the infection has cleared up. I offered a get well soon, and then went on my merry way to not record a video. Oh yeah, the video wasn't anything new for you, it was just talking about the new and improved Thursday Knight Post. I rehashed everything I mentioned in the blog on Thursday. I could have done it this morning, but Morty kept me up most of the night. He decided to sleep in bed with me, and took up the whole bed, which meant I spent the whole night awake and not sleeping with a headache building.

     Speaking of Morty, we went on a little road trip yesterday, so that he could meet Elie and her dog Gandolph the White. Gandi is what I like to refer to as a Teacup Polar Bear. In reality, he is a Great Pyrenees, and is rather large. They got along smashingly. I was worried about how Morty would act around a dog that was bigger than he was, but my worries were for naught. Within a couple of seconds, I took the leash off, and let them get familiar with each other. Gandi is an older dog at this point, so I was mostly worried about Morty's high energy, but Gandi was the one that wanted to play, and Morty just stood there looking at Gandi like he was nuts. I was so happy to see them getting along. I'll be able to take Morty over from time to time, to visit. I did get a picture of them together. It's funny because I put it with the picture of Morty and The Truff, and the contrast of each of them standing next to one another.

     You can see that, The Truff standing next to Morty is almost like Morty standing next to Gandi. Morty looks like a tiny actual lapdog, instead of the lapdog he thinks he is. We figured that Gandi has about 80 lbs. on Morty, so he is a big boy. Two fun things that happened during the visit, was that at one point, Gandi got stuck trying to hop up on the deck like Morty. I had to go in behind him and give him a boost up. The other thing was a little scary at first. I was sitting on the deck looking out over the lake, when I saw out of the corner of my eye, Morty running down the brick wall that separates Elie's property from the lake. I knew what was coming next. Morty fan right off the wall and disappeared in the brush below. I ran around to the wall, to see if he was ok, and he was hopping from spot to spot. The brush was too high for him to walk through. Then he made a big mistake. One hop took him right into the lake. That changed his mind about being down there. I was able to coax him over the low side of the wall, and he hopped up and over. His punishment was that he had to stay outside until he mostly dried off. This was a punishment, because he wanted to go directly inside after his little excursion.

     Beside that little incident, Morty was real good. I was worried that he would jump up on Elie's lap and injure her healing pelvis, but he stayed real polite and sat beside her. i could tell that he liked her a bunch, and I'm sure that the feeling was mutual from her. Morty was also pretty good in the car, but we have a few things to work on. He insisted on being in the front seat alongside of me, which isn't the best place for him to be. One reason is, that there isn't a lot of stability up there like on the floor in the back, but he wouldn't stay back there. Another reason was that he kept sitting up, and I couldn't see the side mirror to make lane changes. I had to turn around and look out the side and rear windows, so it was manageable. The last thing that is the real problem, is that he kept wanting to crawl over onto my lap. That was a big fat no. I had to push him back several times, and keep him from stepping on the shifter. If he could just sit still in the passenger seat, it wouldn't be so bad, but with all that energy he has, it's going to be a work in progress.

     The Walking Dead returns tonight, and I'm ready for it. I'm watching a couple of recorded episodes of Z Nation to prepare for it. It's not as good as The Walking Dead, but it's fun. It's a SyFy original series. It kind of parodies TWD, but has it's own original take on things, and because of that, it's more serious than you usual parody. If you are ever bored, give it a chance. It comes on Friday nights on the SyFy channel. I'm sure that it's available on Netflix. Hold on a sec, and I will look. Yep, the first 3 seasons are available there. I missed most of season 1, so I might have to go back and give it a watch on Netflix. 

     That's all I have for tonight, I hope this week finds you well, and don't forget that the first chapter or prologue for The Patchwork Knight will be up on Thursday. I still haven't decided if I want to go Chapter of Prologue yet. I'll figure it out when I sit down to write it. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments: