Sunday, April 1, 2018

I Got Everything Done, Somehow.

     It has been somewhat of a hectic weekend, but I managed to get everything in. As you know, I had to delay the latest chapter of The Patchwork Knight, because I was so exhausted on Thursday night. I forgot that I had to do a review for the PR on Friday, so Friday was taken up completely with doing the review, editing the video, and writing the blogpost. All of it is done, and I just have to sit back and wait to post it all. The video is scheduled to go live on Friday the 6th at 3 PM New York time. Once that is live, I can finish the blog and publish it. I did it differently this time. I wrote the entire review in Pages on my MacBook. I just simply have to copy and paste it in as needed, so that I can add pictures and the embedded video as I go. It should be easy peasy this time. I'm hoping to avoid all that stress from the last time.

     That was all done between Friday and Saturday. I did all of the writing on Saturday. My partner managed to get his part done in a timely manner, so that I could just add it all in where it needed to go. With that done, I could finally sit back and concentrate on The Patchwork Knight. I have to tell you, I'm a little surprised at where it went. I had a plan, but once I started writing, it took over on it's own, and I just followed. My plan will still work out, it will just be a chapter later, than I had originally intended, and this doesn't affect the overall outcome of the story. Actually, it helps it out, quite a bit. There was one thing I was having trouble trying to figure out, but that chapter did the hard work for me. I like the way it is going, but it really isn't up to me is it? It is up to you the reader on whether you like where it is going. I haven't had any complaints yet, so I must be on the right track. Either that, or everyone is being very polite.

     All that done, and I was still feeling the exhaustion, so I ended up going to be at 9PM on Saturday night. I know, I'm living a wild life. I did have a goal this weekend, and that was to get out and fly the drone again, but the weather wasn't exactly cooperating. Saturday was miserable. Raining quite a bit, and when it wasn't raining, it was just spitting, so I didn't want to risk the rain doing anything to the drone. I was grounded. The whole weekend was calling for rain and storms, so I thought for sure, I wouldn't get any flight time in. The clouds parted this morning, and I immediately hopped on Saki with the drone, and rode off in search of a location near the water. It only took me two spots to find one that I could fly without any onlookers. It was actually the place I was planning on going, but while doing the PR I came across another location that could have been good. It was packed with people though. I didn't need an audience for me to screw everything up, so I ended up in the right place.

     I got the video filmed, edited and uploaded in record time. It took me a while to get a decent edit on it. This isn't my best. I didn't have a whole lot to work with, because I forgot to record when I first launched the drone. That left me with limited time to fly and get some footage. I think I made it work though, so let me know what you think.



     This one is super short. It came in at 3:34, so it should be an easy watch. I'm going to try and make shorter videos for the meantime, since it looks like I can only hold people attention for about 2 minutes. If I keep it short, I might retain an audience, and maybe get some subscribers. I'm stuck at 18 or 19 I don't even remember. I'd like to get to 100 just for a start, I'm not asking for much. Expect more drone footage in the future. I really want to get the edits and the flying down.

     While I was out there, I tried another function of the camera, and took a drone selfie. I was trying my best to look cool, but I'm sure I failed miserably.


     Pretty suave looking with that giant controller in my hand right? Like I said, I'm making the best of a bad situation. 

     Even though it is Easter Sunday and nothing is open, I still have to do laundry. Oh but wait, I have an update for you. I am fully at 1 inch with my gauges. I am a week ahead of schedule. I have a certain pair of plugs that I want to wear next Sunday. I will definitely be able to wear them now, and I couldn't be happier. When I finally got my right ear to handle that 1 inch tunnel, it felt like everything was right the way it was. I think I am finally happy with the size that it is, so that means I may not need to go up anymore. I'll get a picture next week so you can see how they look. I failed to get the picture with the locks in my ears, so I can do 1 of two things. I can either forget about it all together, or I can put them back in for a picture, so you can get an idea of how stupid I looked. No, it won't be an idea, you will actually know how stupid I looked. Let me know if you want that picture. If you do, I will get it for you on Tuesday, but I have to hear from you before then, otherwise no picture will be forth coming.

     I hope you had a wonderful Easter or Passover, or whatever holiday you may be celebrating, Peace in and goodnight.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment