Tuesday, February 26, 2019

So It Begins

     Let's get into this. I started the new job yesterday, and it was, well it was a new experience. I am basically an assistant at this point. I guess apprentice would better name it. I do a lot of standing around, watching, and learning. I also noticed a few things that I would have done differently, but that's not my place to tell someone who is training me that they are doing it wrong. Anyway, that person wasn't the person that is really training me. They are basically very new to the job themselves, and I was there to assist him to keep him moving along. I was arms and legs when he needed them.

     That being said, yesterday was a very long day. I left the house at a quarter to 6 in the morning to get to Orlando before 7. From there we ended up in Lakeland for the job site, and there was problem after set back after problem, so I did not leave Lakeland until 7 in the evening. I got home at 9. Morty did outstandingly well not being let out that whole time, but I was a wreck worrying about him and his wellbeing. It was all for naught though. He did just fine.

     Today was a different story. I was with the mentor that is training me, and we had a major setback. It was big enough to cancel the job, so my day was done by noon. I wasn't complaining after doing 12 hours the day before, but I still would have loved getting that experience from him. There is always tomorrow though.

     I took the time and visited the mom, since I hadn't seen her since Friday. My schedule with work has kept me from her, and that is just killing me. I want to be there for her every second of the day, but I can't. I really could use that lottery win about now. She is doing well. She is now walking with assistance. Her own two legs with someone near by giving her a hand when needed. No walker, no bars, just her own two legs. She is no also being walked to the bathroom instead of transferring into her wheelchair and then being moved into the bathroom. That is a huge deal.

     The time has elapsed for you as it has for me while writing this. I just got caught up in watching Favorite Song of the Week, except this time it is a little more than just a song, so we are going to call this one of those rare Favorite Things of the Week. I was looking up a particular song by Queen that I was going to make FSOTW, but when I did, this video popped up. I talked about this very moment when I did my little review of Bohemian Rhapsody. It takes me back to that day when I watched this live on TV, and how happy it made me. This is Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and the incomparable Freddie Mercury in their element. This is when they were truly on top of the world in every sense of the word. This is the full concert footage of their Live Aid performance in 1985, and it is just as magical now as it was then. I'm sure you won't watch the whole thing, but you really should. This is what being a true professional is. This is showmanship in its purest form. This is the greatest voice to every sing rock and roll performing at the top of his game. This is Queen.



     Please go back right now, and finish watching that whole thing. As I'm typing this, I'm half way through it, and I keep going back and forth to watch it. I feel both sadness and joy watching this, but I always remember, that I lived in a world at the same time that Freddie Mercury did, and that makes it a little better.

     Once again, you didn't notice the delay, but I finished watching the whole thing before typing this sentence, and I had forgotten about the quick little song that Freddie and Brian did just for Live Aid later that evening. It is truly captivating and lovely.

     While I was finishing that up, I got a text from my mentor and I'm meeting him at the job site tomorrow later in the morning, so I get to sleep in just a little tomorrow, but that probably means I have to work a little later too. I'll get through it though.

     I'm going to go and veg out with the Morty now. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear about your mom. Hoping this job turns out to be the best you've ever had ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counterfeit SquirrelFebruary 27, 2019 at 5:46 AM

    I'm hoping that too.

    ReplyDelete