Thursday, June 14, 2018

Big News And A Big Announcement

     The title says it all. Are you ready for this big news? Are you really ready? Ok, here it is. I quit my job yesterday. I finally had enough. Then person I have the biggest problem there, finally crossed the line and I was done. I apologized to the owner that I was having to leave, but I couldn't take it anymore. I truly believe that that person is undiagnosed bi-polar, and I really think he needs help. I was there for over 27 years, and it was time to do.

     I was asked by my guitar teacher today if I felt anxious about my future. I had to say no, not right now. I feel more excited about it than anything. I'm going to take some time, and focus on doing something that I really want to do, and that is more of what I'm doing right now, writing. I got a little video I made today, that explains a little about it. After you've watched it, I'll fill you in on a little more of what is going to happen for the future.



     The big announcement was in there, so I hope you didn't miss it. If you are reading this after I post it on Thursday night, you will have to wait until tomorrow to see the first edited and proofread version of The Patchwork Knight. I made my decision on what I'm doing with it. I'm moving it to Medium, but I will still write it here. I'm going to post the polished version on Mondays and Fridays. It will take 15 weeks to catch up to where I am right now, but since I will continue to right the first draft on here, I should be able to stay a little ahead of it. If it does catch up to me, I will have to write twice a week and then edit and proof each one to have it go up on Medium. I'm almost positive that you don't have to be a member to read the final version of The Patchwork Knight, and if you can't see it, just remember the first edition will always be right here for you. Only sign up if you absolutely want to see what changes and corrections I make.

     Since I'm doing this, I have started creating my character list, and notes to keep things in order. I wasn't doing that this entire time, because it was a bit of an experiment to see if I could keep things straight with out all of that, but since I have to have a shiny and polished product, the notes are in full force.  Here is the link to my profile The Patchwork Knight It is under the Counterfeit Squirrel name, so if the link for some reason doesn't work, you can search for that on Medium. I also have some options on there, to write other stories, and I plan on taking advantage of that, so keep an eye out for new stories in the future.

     Oh, I guess I should mention the publishing schedule. I did say that it was going to be on Mondays and Fridays, but I didn't tell you that it will be published at 6 AM New York time. You can read it first thing in the morning every Monday and Friday if you want to. There is no subscription service attached to this, so it will have to fall to your memory unless you become a member. If you are a member you can follow different writers and their posts will show up in your feed, but as I said before, you shouldn't have to do that, and definitely don't if you are only doing it for my stories. I will post link to each one I put up right here, so that you can get to them if you don't remember to check each Monday and Friday.

     Now that that is over, I can talk about the other part of the big announcement. I'm also going to put more time in making videos. I'm hoping to be able to put up a couple of videos a week instead of just the one on Sunday. It was a productive day today. I shot footage for 6 videos. You saw one of them up above, and another one will be going live on Sunday. The rest I still have to edit and put together, but I will be uploading them in the next couple of days, and schedule them for the coming weeks. With the exception of the one above, the rest are all going to be part of the Remember When series, so I want to spread them out. I will go out and make other videos to fill in the gaps, and for those extra videos during the week. You should be able to see why I'm so excited about all of this. I finally get to use my creativity to try and make a living. I have to take this chance. If it fails, it won't be because I didn't try. You always hear those stories from people that say losing their job was the best thing that ever happened to them, because it freed them to finally do what they really wanted to do. That is the way I choose to see this whole thing.

     I'm putting all of my effort into this. Tomorrow is going to be another productive day. I'm going to take the first five chapters of The Patchwork Knight, and put them up on Medium. I will schedule their release after I've gone through them for edit and proof. I'm not just going to sit back and wait until the next one is supposed to go up, I'm hoping to have all of them edited and proofed by the end of next week. They will all be on Medium and scheduled for publishing on those days I mentioned above. I'm also going to work on the rest of those videos, and have them uploaded and ready to go for scheduled release as well.

     I have a plan and I have ideas, and that is all I need right now. I also have the PR, and the newest video went up today, with the blog going up tomorrow morning. We really liked this place, I believe I mentioned that after we did the tasting, but now you can see it. This is the last video of the night, I promise.



     There you have it. I have quite a few pokers in the fire, now it is all about making them take some heat. Like I said above, I'm putting all my effort into this for as long as I can. I will still do all of these things if I have to get another job, but for the time being, this is my new job, and it's one that I really like. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment