Tuesday, August 21, 2018

T.I.Double Ga. ERRRR

     Most days, you walk through like, not remembering why you do the things that you do. They have just become a part of your very being. It's no different than breathing, drinking and eating, it just is. Then a day comes along that reminds you, and it hits you like a ton of bricks. Today was one of those days for me.

     I love writing, and I rarely give much thought as to why I love it and why I do it, but today I went and saw Christopher Robin, and remembered everything. A.A. Milne's classic story about a boy and his bear lit something inside of me as a child and made me want to be a storyteller. Stories bring a new life into the world, but it is only in the readers mind. That is what you are told, books bring life to fantasy, and create worlds that you can't visit on your own. There is another place where that world exists, and that is in the mind of the writer, and it is very much real. When I sit down and write a story, I'm no longer sitting at my desk typing away on a laptop. I'm in that world. I'm seeing everything that is there, I'm smelling the smells, and feeling the emotions of every character. I can feel the warmth of the sun on a spring morning or the bite of the cold on a winter's day.

     Christopher Robin tells the story of a grown up Christopher Robin who has left Hundred Acre Woods and the residents behind. Then something amazing happens, and Pooh tracks him down. He is not the boy that he once was, and society has made him more serious, and forgetful of those simpler times, but Pooh helps him find his way.

     That is all I'm going to tell you about the movie. I loved every second of this film. It was absolutely brilliant, and the story and screenwriters; Greg Brooker, Mark Steven Johnson, Alex Ross Perry, Tom McCarthy, and Allison Schroeder captured A.A. Milne's voice perfectly. It is rich with nostalgia, from Pooh waking in his house in the tree, to Eeyore's droll voice spreading anything but cheer, to my favorite part of the movie. Tigger singing his theme song. I was a kid again, I sang along with him, and I was remembering how that story inspired me to want to be a storyteller. The characters, were so rich and complex, but relatable to anyone, from child to adult. The story about innocence and dealing with everyday things in a whimsical way. The drawings by E.H Shepard that brought a vision of the character into the light of the minds eye.

     I may never make a penny from what I write, but right now, right now at this very second, I'm doing the one thing in this world that I love more than anything. I'm writing. Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are doing what you love and this is why you are good at it. I love reading your stories. Keep doing what you love and you will be happy. Love you 😘

    ReplyDelete