Thursday, August 2, 2018

Oh Bother

     I wanted to talk about a couple of movies that are coming out. One comes out this week and the other comes out next year. Both of them are straight out of my childhood, and they are favorite parts of my childhood. The first one is Christopher Robin. If you don't know that name, you are truly lost in this world. Christopher Robin is the young boy in the Winnie-the-Pooh books. This movie takes place when Christopher Robin is a grown man and returns to his childhood home. I love the concept and the idea behind it. It's all live action, so Pooh and all the residents of Hundred Acre Wood are being brought to life. I loved Winnie-the-Pooh when I was a kid. I related of course to Eeyore. He was my favorite character of all of them. All the characters suffer from one mental disorder or another, Eeyore of course represented depression. As you should know by now, I suffer from depression and that is why Eeyore was my favorite. When I was a kid he was a character that was like me, and that is something you didn't ordinarily find in anything in those days. I am really looking forward to seeing this movie sometime soon.

     The second movie is Shazam, based on the DC Comics character. He is a representation of Greek Gods that are brought forth when a young boy calls out the name Shazam. He was also known as Captain Marvel, but I always liked Shazam. When I was a kid, I used to have a babysitter named Mum Mum. She was an older woman and I would stay with her and her husband Carl for the day while my parents were at work. Mum Mum, made me a cape that was exactly like Shazam's. I wore that cape everywhere, and If I had not, I would still have it today. I would climb up in trees, fences,  anything with some height and jump off and try to fly. They are brining that character to relife with Zach Levi playing the role of the god. I can't wait for this movie, and if I find a way to make a cape,  I will. That one doesn't come out until April 5th of next year, so I'm going to have a long wait ahead of me.

     Now on to things in the present. I went to my guitar lesson tonight, and we decided to break down the new TOP song Jumpsuit, and my guitar teacher was a little blown away by it. Not just because it is a departure from their usual sound, but because of who complex the structure of the song is. There is nothing difficult about the chords or anything like that, it is all in how they use them, and the use of poly chords. We only got through half of the song because he kept listening and admiring it. I love when I can help someone new discover what it's like to be a member of the Skeleton Clique. Once you listen, you are a member. There are no credentials that you need, only a love of music and the joy you get from listening to TOP ||-//. Everyone is welcome.

     I guess it's time for what I did over summer vacation. Oh wait I didn't go on summer vacation, but I did make a video that I posted yesterday. I got the camera out, and had a little fun with that and some video making, and this is the result.



     Once again, I have to apologize for the audio at the end, but I did some testing and it was only that the battery was so low on the GoPro. What about those pictures though, pretty cool right? I'm looking to do better, and I will. I'm continuing to learn the camera, and all the ins and outs of it, once I have them all down, look out. You are going to have some pretty cool shots to look at.

     I'm going to skip the usual way I wrap this up tonight in favor of my favorite Winnie-the-Pooh quote. "A day spent with you is my favorite day, so today is my new favorite day."

No comments:

Post a Comment